Why is arabic writing an aesthetic to white people but when someone speaks arabic it is a terrorist language?

My class mates always ask me how to write certain words in arabic to put it as their status, some even get them tattooed, but once I speak in arabic people look at me like i am a terrorist? Wtf

Most Helpful Girl

• Because arabic/chinese/japanese writing is trending on tumblr.. You know?

What Guys Said 8

• You must live in the west lol
    I noticed people don't like hearing foreign languages cause they don't understand and sometimes thing others are talking about them

• I don't think Arabic is the language of terrorist. It used to one of the most forward thinking and scientificly superior culture til after the renisance they back tracked. As long as you treat me well regardless of my beliefs and I treat you the same we are cool. I don't care what language you speak , well you'd also have to speak English or communicating is hard.

• it's called cultural appropriation

• I have always believed that the USA who enshrined the freedom of religion in our constitution were right for doing so. This comes after thousands of years of religious oppression. For example in England you would never get a Catholic prime minister, it is not allowed.
    Is is has come along and are stating that freedom of religion is a bad thing. Despite our current troubles, I still believe that freedom of religion is a good thing.
    I understand your concern. People are afraid of terrorists. I think that Muslims in the west must stand up and profess their belief in peace and respect for other religions, including Christianity and Judaism, or they must say "all infidels must die"!
    In the latter case they must be prepared to leave the west.
    People's reaction to fear is normal.

• Muslims don't have to do shit. That's like me as an American Catholic having to apologize to England for the IRA

• The catholics in north Ireland did vote for peace. They did not apologise. When Muslims do not condemn terrorism, their silence speaks volumes.

• They still think all Muslims are terrorists while Christian Europeans committed the biggest genocide in the world against Native Americans.

• No, unfortunately most Native Americans died due to diseases that were unintentionally brought from Europe . Yes, there were thousands killed for no reason, but the vast majority died because of diseases, not murdered.

• Europeans always blame Turks to have killed Armenians before they regard bad conditions. So I don't want to hear this excuse. And also it's not about only murder, but also theft, and cruelty. didn't Europeans did these towards poor Native Americans. Thats why Europeans should think twice before they call Muslims terrorists.

• There's a different with murdering and unintentionally killing others. Europeans brought disease to the Americas without knowing that those disease will kill millions of Native Americans, that was why most of them die, smallpox being the primary disease. But like I said, they did murder many of them too, but people think that Europeans killed all of them, when in reality, most die because of diseases. It's not an excuse, it's a fact, and the fact that you don't wanna accept a true fact makes me think how close minded are you.
      Yes, Europeans did take most of their land, but that has nothing to do with genocide, which was what your first comment was about.

• Rofl, you're not a terrorist. But you're really funny. :D The people who think arabic is a terrorist language are either joking or closed minded.

• It's rather pretty! :D

• Same reason why speaking Hebrew is terrorist to arabics

What Girls Said 3

• That's sad, really.. :(

• NOBODY considers arabic writing an aesthetic unless they are arabic themselves.

• Language is heard through hearing whereas written things are from sight. So perhaps different senses have a different affect on one subject.