What's the rush?

I'm 26, and while most people my age or around it, are working on their second kid, I can barely even gain a 1st date. Like I just feel left out if you will, everyone seems to be rushing their 20's and living their 30's in their 20's. I don't get it. Makes us single people in their 20's feel as if were moving too fast in life, when in reality everyone else is rushing through theirs.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're not in high school anymore, back then in childhood we all had our one goal of graduating and from there you go your own way. You don't need to follow anyone's standards on how you should live your life, it's easy to feel pressured to do what your friends are doing because you feel "behind", but they're the ones that have to deal with all of that.

What Guys Said 5

• ROFL. You're like my twin, seriously. I've been feeling left out, too. I want some fun, too. I never dated a girl, I never kissed a girl, I never had sex with a girl. Yet everyone around me has already had sex over a 100 times with different partners and are getting married. If there was a divine message that was sent to people to have sex, I never got that message, rofl. It seems like everyone got everything going right for them. People tell me hang in there or you'll have your chance. I think after 26 years, I've been fed with nothing but lies. If luck truly exists, it was and still is never on my side, LOL.

• I can so relate to you, minus a few things. I've had sex before, but even then I didn't start doing that until I was 22. I'm just ready to settle down at least with a monogamous relationship, and just date someone. I'm tired of all the games, and one-night stands that certain guys I've come across want. Like ugh. It's like I don't want to marry right away, but yet I'm tired of being single too.

• Go at your own pace and make wise decisions

• horay a girl who can understand my troubles. I'm still working on my first date but my peers are married with babies

• Do your own thing and screw everyone else let them go rush through their life and burn out. Just do what you feel is right for you...

• I'm looking to postpone that part of life for as long as possible.

• I know right!!! Like I would love for it to happen maybe 5-6 years down the line, but no way soon

What Girls Said 1

• lol, I feel the same sometimes. My girl friends have been married since they were like 20 years old and they're on their 3rd-4th child by now and i'm not interested in any of that to be honest. Just do what makes you happy, at the right time, it's your life and you should enjoy it how you want to. I think it would be better to wait until you're sure of what you want then rushing into things at an early age anyway.