Should you always accept a gift no matter what?

One time in my AA class a girl brought a present for the counseler. It was before we left on Christmas break. As soon as class started she told everyone that this girl had got her a present. She opened it and it was a santa hat. She then said "this is a nice gift but im sorry i dont celebrate Christmas so im just going let you hold on to this" and she gave the present back

So do you think someone shoild accept a gift no matter what?

Most Helpful Girl

• You should accept gifts most of the time but it might have been ILLEGAL for her to accept a gift from one of her clients. She might have been worried about getting fired from her job.

• But why open it in the first place lol thats like if took off your clothes like if we are about to have sex an then saying "oh thats nice but im waiting until marriage"

• She probably wanted to reward the person who bought her the gift by giving the person social recognition and acclaim for what they did. She did not want to feel like they went through all that effort for nothing.

What Girls Said 5

• I think it's better to just accept the gift. It's a nice gesture to give someone a present and the thought behind it should count for something.

• If it will hurt the person's feelings then yes

• She shouldn't have said "I'll let you hold on to this" that was not nice. Yes you should just accept it. Later on you can give it to someone else.

• If it was from a child, I'd say yes but an adult? No. If you don't celebrate or won't use it then its a waste of someone's money. I'd rather them get it back or give it to someone who will use it.

• Yes just to be polite you should

What Guys Said 4

• so if some1 offers me a box of poo as a gift am i supposed 2 accept it?

• Yes I think you should unless a line is being crossed

• I do unless it's something like buying peanut butter for someone allergic to peanuts.

• She should've just accepted the present. Could've put it to good use, like maybe use it for sex, you know? LOL.