How much do you get paid at work an hour? What is your states min. wage?

I know there is the big debate on wheter to raise min. wage or not, and I'm wondering on what the pay is that people actually work for.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I'm an Apprentice Carpenter, so there is no minimum wage for apprentices.
    So i make £4.44 (Like $7) Per hour when working for the company i do. (Apprenteship lasts 3 years :/). But, I get a pay raise in 1 month to £5.55, Then 9 months after that a pay rise to £6.66, Then after that, It goes up to £10 (Like $16) per hour and rises from there.
    But, If i just do work for people in my own time, Even as an apprentice, I can make £7-£15 per hour. ($24 per hour). So yeah, I get shit pay at work, but make very good money when working nights and weekends for myself ;). Thats the shit thing about apprenteships, but, its worth it when you finish em' ;P

What Guys Said 8

• salaried worker here but I guess if I do the math I make in excess of $25 per hour

• In Ireland it is 8.65 euro an hour.

• Ontario's minimum wage is CDN$11.25/hr.

• I don't want to say :)

• in the uk it varies my last job paid over £7.00 an hour but most are around that now anyway.

• $4.50+ tips! :D

• There is none.

• 4,50€ i think - 22% tax etc...

I work for 40€ / hour professional graphic designer. Seems like a lot but I spend also a lot of time learning and I still do. People nowadays don't respect quality designers.

What Girls Said 4

• minimum wage in Alberta Canada (where I live) is $10.20 and hour. You can't really survive off of that. Next year I will probably be working a job for $13.50 an hour but I can only work like 16 hours a week because I will be going to university full time. I will be surviving off of student loans. This day in age you have to take on debt to survive especially if you want to be educated it sucks.

• You can look up the state minimum wages online. I make $10 per hour, plus tips so I make $500-$700 a week depending on tips but i've been working for the same company for almost 10 years now and I started at $6 per hour. The minimum wage in my state is only like $7 per hour I think though.

• if minimum wage goes up everything goes up. i don't think the idiots in America understand that.
    I make 10.50 an hour. i don't think the burger flippers deserve to have there shit increased.
    just saying.

• Wages in the US have been stagnate for at least 20 years and the cost of living continues to climb. There are several states where a person making 12 an hour would have to work at least 50 hours a week just to afford rent. The combination of our recent economic downturn and the constant out sourcing of jobs has lead to a massive decline in non-low paying customer service jobs in many areas. So for a lot of people flipping burgers or working at Wal-Mart is their only option. I would encurage you to do some actual research into the very real issues that we are facing as a country. Because of we do not force change and soon, the working class will die off and we all will be working poor.

• Actually where i'm from, the minimum wage was only like $5.25 for the longest time and yet the rent and other expenses went up anyway. The rent here was at least $600-$800, (unless you want to pay $500 and get shot going to your apartment lol) and the minimum wage was only $5.25 and now that minimum wage has went up, the price of rent still hasn't went up. It's stayed this way for years now. I have noticed that grocery prices are insane right now though.

• well damn. hhaha the rent is the same where i live as well. in the nicer parts the four bedroom are 1800 though -_-

• I make 13.56 an hr (medical field) , I think that if you're working 10hr a day + weekend's & you have bills/need to get food I think they could increase it.. Just a bit. I remember those days, aught the struggle, but a job is a job. As long as I was getting paid, I didn't care.