If someone totally butchers your name by mispronouncing it would you get offended?

When they didn't mean to?

Most Helpful Girl

• People mispronounce my name all the time I stopped caring in 3rd grade. I understand that my name is different so its whatever if you can't pronounce it. If they want I can help them say my name correctly but its not a big deal.

What Girls Said 16

• No. My real name is hard for people to pronounce at times. It's only when I've told a person my name more than 3 times is when I become offended. If this is the same case for you then that means this person either really sucks at names or just doesn't care enough about you to remember your name. If thats the case then this person should matter as less to you as you do to them.

• lol id laugh but nah i wouldn't care. only time id get pissed is if i correct them and they apologise, then make the mistake again many times.

• While my name is foreign, it's EXTREMELY EASY to pronounce. It's a soft sounding 4 letter name, yet people constantly fuck it up left and right.

So I've concluded that if someone can't manage 2 vowels and 2 consonants, I deem them a fucking retard.

Not offended, just gradually more disappointed with the quality of people I encounter.

• I'm gonna need someone to put my insides back in if it's LADA LOL

• @Hidden_P

Haha, no. Loan? What a silly name.

• Yeah it was an interesting one that...

• Nope. Honest mistakes are honest. It's nbd. One of my best friends still pronounces my name wrong all the time XD

• It's pretty hard to butcher my name.
    What pisses me off is the jokes. "Oh your name is _____ ?" *Reels off jokes* Thanks.

• hmm.. it is fine.. i have a long name soo i dont get offended... but if they do it again and again.. i would tell them that they are pronouncing it wrong..

• Lol I'd just laugh it off, there's a market by my childhood home and no lie the Asian man "Bill" always calls me Stacy even though my name is Daisy! lol, I think it's hilarious & at this point I just roll w it.

• No, because my name is difficult for most people to pronounce correctly without proper guidance.

• i wouldn't, why would i if they didn't know you and therefore didn't know how to say your name? thats like getting offended if someone you didn't even know didn't know your birthday.

• Happens often so i don't care

• No. I'm used to all of it. My name gets misspelled, mispronounced, misheard, forgotten, etc.

• No, I will not be offended.
    Not their fault..

• Yeah, because my name is easy to say and spell. :/

• I have had that done so so so many times to my name. Eventually, you get over it 😛. Its okay to be a little offended if you correct them and they say it wrong.. Again... And again though.

• Of course not.

• Well, my first and last names are not complicated so, if someone who spoke English as their first language had trouble with it. I'd question their intelligence.

What Guys Said 12

• No, BUT I do get sick out of people NOT LISTENING. I say my last name & spell it. "B" like BOY then the rest. Nope. I get "D" "T" "V" & occasionally a "G"
    I would say to them "B" like BOY not DOY, TOY, VOY or GOY

Now I just use a very similar common name.

• nah shit happens worse than that lol.

• My name's so simple dat even a baby can pronounce it properly LOL

i believe they did it on purpose if in case

• No, of course not. My name is probably weird to foreigners, although if it was "Gyula" like my father's name it'd be even more confusing. Other languages generally don't have the Hungarian "gy" sound.

• That would be really difficult to mispronounce Evan lol, I doubt it would bother me all that much, people mispronounce and misspell my last name all the time though lol.

• My name is Dave so hard to butcher that

• There are times when people have pronounced my first name as a part that they should have inside their head but apparently not any more cos it has fallen out and rolled off their tongue.

• I wouldn't be offended

• No I would love it. Gives me something to correct

• I would my name is really easy to pronounce so they would be doing it on purpose

• Nah, but was mistaken for being a female ;_; so many times because of my name

• Nope not really