Is it weird that I don't want kids?

Is it wrong that I never, ever want kids. And no, this isn't some sort of "your young, when your older you'll want them." I geniounlly don't want kids. They annoy me, their needy, their loud and they cry way too much. If they don't get something they throw a fit and start bawling their eyes out. I don't even find them cute! Is that normal?

• Yes, kids are annoying asf
  • No, kids are adorable

Most Helpful Guy

• Haha, at your age it's not weird. I know you don't want to hear this but you're 15. When I was 15, I told my parents babies are the ugliest creatures in the world. Guess what, now, almost 12 years later and I'm totally ready to have kids. If you see your older cousins or your best friend having their first kid, you learn that not everything about babies is ugly and that in fact, they can be absolutely adorable. My girlfriend goes babysitting a lot to earn some money while studying and the two boys she is babysitting are really cool children. They're just 3 and 5 years old but they are already soooo smart. They know so much about animals and dinosaurs and space ships and whatnot. They're very wild and curious and when they show their love, it's 100% authentic. Adults do this bullshit like saying "thank you" for things they are not thankful about or kissing other people's ass although they don't care about them. But children are very honest and that's something I find great about them. When the two boys see my girlfriend, they run towards her, when she has to leave again in the evening, they cling on to her legs. They really mean it.
    Again, I know you hate hearing this but 15 is a very young age. I'm not saying that you are lying about your current opinion but chances are high that you will change it. I HOPE for your own good that you will change it. It would be a terrible and dull life to stick to opinions that you've made at age 15 for the rest of your life. And while I since I have almost double as much life experience as you do, I can tell you that you will probably change your opinion at one point. Already because your hormones will change. You will feel hormones that you don't feel at your age now. And as we all know, female hormones are mighty powerful.

What Guys Said 11

• Kids are annoying sometimes or more often, sure, but by accepting that you don't reproduce, you essentially make the implicit decision that your genetics are not worth perpetrating, and the people who do choose to have children are all better than you from a biological standpoint. People's parents figured it'd be a good idea to have kids for some reason too.

• When my daughter was your age and even into her 20's she hated kids and didn't want anything to do with them. Now at 30 she is a mum and is really good too she has a wonderful little boy. She has totally changed from 10 years ago so just bear with it and see a bit later on... XXXXX

• I was you age when I first decided I hated kids and didn't want any, but you know what. I'm almost 21 and I still hate them. They are fucking expensive, tell and whine when they can't have they're way, take up so much of your time and freedom, and always give me a headache. I had to help raise my younger bothers (And yes I put bothers on purpose. XD) and cousins and discovered I hated taken care of kids.

Sorry, but if a girl I'm dating ever says to me she wants kids she might has when end it now because it not happening with me.

• It is not weird, but it is not the norm either.

Question time:
    Are you annoying, needy, loud and whiny? When you don't get something do you become outraged?

• No it is not weird I have met several who don't want kids.

• You are a kid yourself. Your views might change as you become wiser. I can say this because I have kids your age.

• I don't know if I'd consider it normal or not. But weird? No. Some people don't want kids and don't end up having kids. Some do.

• It's not odd, their are a lot of people who don't want to have kids, I'm one of them.

• Fuck kids, not literally but figurativily of coarse.

• Same, exact feeling that i have, it's like i know for damn sure that i'm never not in a million years going to have a kid lol.

• I don't want kids either.

What Girls Said 13

• You are 15, so you may as well change your mind in the future.

Not a guarantee, but very likely that you will. People change over the years, you will not be the same person when you turn 20, 25, 30 and so forth.

When I was 15, I wanted kids, but by the time I turned 17-18, I completely changed my mind on the matter and got the same spiel from all friends and relatives about being young, will change my mind when I grow up, maternal instinct and what have you.

Still haven't changed my mind, though. Kids are obnoxious, timewasting and costly. I'd much rather enjoy my youth and keep my figure. :P

• I personally want kids and I can't wait to be a mother someday and have my own family. When I was your age I didn't think about it much or have a burning desire but now since I've hit my 20's my maternal instinct seems to have kicked in and whenever I see a pregnant woman I get jealous 0_o I must admit though that I do find other people's kids annoying sometimes. Like really annoying. But I know that my own kids will be a different experience cause they're mine. It's not the same thing.

• Lol, I know exactly how you feel! I always said I never want children as a teenager also and people have been telling me that I will change my mind "once I get older" etc. and they could be right but i'm almost 28 and if anything i'm even more sure that I never want them now.

People even told me "when your niece is born and you're around her more, you're going to want children of your own" well my niece is 7 years old now, she's the cutest damn thing ever and I love her to death but after a day together I don't want to see her for a week because kids are fucking mentally exhausting and being around her made me even more sure of my decision to not have them.

People just don't like the idea that someone thinks differently than they do, so they say dumb shit to you like "you'll change" etc. but none of that matters, in the end it's your life, you have to live it and you do what makes you the happiest.

• it ain't weird... i know some people who don't wanna kids too because of similar reasons you stated above

• I was the same way until i got pregnant with my daughter.
    she annoys me sometimes but i love her to death.
    OTHER peoples kids though annoy the crap out of me -_-

• Why dont you have a vote c: kids are annoying and adorable, some people want them some people do not, well that okay.

• Babies are cute.

It's hard to deal with the tantrums.

• I actually like kids, but I wouldn't want my own

• I don't want kids either so I guess it's not weird..:)

• No it's not weird

• No it's not weird at all.

• We're all entitled to our opinions but they sure can be annoying

• It's not weird. You are young, but maybe you'll keep the opinion, maybe you'll change your mind, who knows. Personally, I'm feeling reeaally confident that I don't want kids. I like them in general (although, I'm sorry, babies are not at all cute), but 1) giving birth is a terrible idea for me for so many reasons, and 2) I am not a maternal person. I would be an awesome aunt, but as a mother I would be terrible and neither I nor my imaginary children deserve that disaster. -.-