Did I overreact to his jokes?

My boyfriend has a very sarcastic sense of humor. It's very hard for him to be serious most times.
We were drinking last night. I got a little tipsy and then he made a comment about how annoying I am while drunk.
I asked him to pin point what exactly and he told me he couldn't remember (at that moment).
Later on that day, he told me one of the things that make me annoying is my "highpitched white girl voice" while drunk. ((I'm not white btw)).
I started to distance myself from him during the night because I wasn't sure if I am "annoying him or not".
He claimed otherwise.
Later on,
We passed out while drinking and I woke up to get ready for work. I lost track of the time (because we passed out) and started asking him what time is he, He replied "What are you retarded?"
That's when I flipped out on him.
I love his sense of humor but I'm tired of being the butt of all of his jokes.
It strikes me as immature and I see "jokes" as an underlining of ones truth.
I feel like the things that he says in a jokingly manner he means them about me.
'Behind every joke lies some truth'

He is near 40 and he says he wants to have this sense of humor because he doesn't want to be an old grump like his Dad. He got angry with me and told me I don't get it.
Am I overreacting?

I asked him what time Is it... I meant.

Most Helpful Girl

• A joke is meant to be funny. If you don't find it funny then it's not a joke. Make him stop

What Guys Said 3

• if a joke hurts, it is not funny

• No you didn't overreact

• It's snark, Christ alive.

What Girls Said 0