Can two people so different be together?

So we are basically opposites in a lot of things but at the same time we like a lot of things. For exemple, he smokes weed & cigarettes. I've never touched neither. He loves screamo music, I hate it. He's more introvert and I'm the complete opposite. But at the same time we both love to hangout together and we really enjoy spending time together. We are both attracted to eachother for some reason. It's because he's never like any guy I've dated and I'm not like any girl he's dated. But I mean isn't that why it hasn't worked out before? Do you think we could work out or we are too different?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can be together with that person only you'll both need to draw a line. If something you do really annoys him, he can learn how to deal with it but you shouldn't expect that to happen overnight and the same goes for you. Even so, sometimes you might just not like something he does and it's perfectly safe and right to tell him so... and so it goes for him too.

What Guys Said 5

• Yeah they say opposites attract

• You are both bringing qualities that the other lacks, so you will either work out brilliantly or crash and burn spectacularly.

That you're loving your time together is great, so enjoy it and don't worry.

• Of course they can.

• I'd get annoyed with the cigarettes and weed. So it's a matter of time.

• Opposite attracts; not always

What Girls Said 3

• they can. my parents r proof of that. u could not find 2 more different people.

• I think eventually over time you both will drift and eventually part ways... I don't understand how one can feel a connection if there's no similarity?

• there are a lot I just wrote stuff thats different. We watch the same tv shows, we both love to be outside, to go to our cottages, to fish, to skidoo, we like the same foods, we have common friends

• Then it's fine. The way you made it sound was like you had nothing in common. My mistake.

I'm still going with my first opinion however, I don't really feel that this relationship is for the long haul...

• Yes
    If you compliment each other nicely and are both patient open people it can work really well