How to resist the urge to text someone you shouldn't?

Like no matter what, being in contact with them is toxic. I need motivation to not text him

Most Helpful Girl

• remember how much of an asshole this person is. i have a toxic person in my life too and i like to read over the conversations that remind me that he is a jerk and it makes me angry again and then motivates me to not talk to him anymore.

What Guys Said 4

• Just think of the complications if you do text him.

• Just don't. DO NOT DO IT.

• Just keep telling yourself it's toxic to text them and let it be at that
    also delete them from your contact list..

• Delete all of his contact information. You can't give into temptation if you don't have the opportunity to do so.

What Girls Said 4

• Delete his number and dump all the stuff you have that reminds you of him. Occupy yourself with things you like to do. Keep yourself busy and you won't feel the urge.

• Delete his contact info, block his number, delete all the text history, delete his emails, block the email

• Just think of other things to do. Take your attention off of him. You know that you shouldn't text him, so don't. Maybe think to yourself: if I text him, it will be very bad luck. That should work.

• Delete all of your ways of contacting him.