What are some good ways to start a conversation over text?

What are some good ways to start a conversation with a girl? I don't want to say the basic "hi" or "hey". I was going to text her Happy Fathers day but I'm not sure if it would be taken the wrong way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Send her a link to something you think she be interested in and will be a good talking piece. Buzzfeed is good for that.

What Girls Said 4

• "Greetings! Here is your Daily Text Message from (your name)! For today's joke press 1, for a random emote press 2, for word of the day, press 3."

I know I would find that cute.

• Haha. Just text her "hey" or "how are you doing?"

• Well, happy Father's day is ridiculous. She is obviously not a father. But you could ask her what she has planned for Father's day or what she has gotten for her father.

• Thats weird. I guess leave the fathers day thing unless you're sure that she still has a father. Nothing can go wrong with simple, hi how is your day going.

What Guys Said 2

• Ask her how her summer is going?

• Ask what her plans are for the summer