Torn between 2 careers firefighting and lifeguard?

So I love the ocean and fire I want to be a lifeguard or firefighter but I don't know which one I should do which is a better choice or should I try both of them

0|0
2|8

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 7

• Weirdly I want to say firefighting is cooler

0|0
    0|0
  • Both are very physically demanding even for a man. You may find yourself struggling to pull a 250 pound man from the ocean or carrying a 250 pound man on your shoulder from a burning. Thats not me being sexiest thats a job requirement. There are some women capable of it but not many. Be sure either are job u can handle before putting your eggs in yhese baskets.

0|0
    0|0
  • Firefighter , just missed out on getting in my local Nottinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service several years back... was gutted !!

0|0
    0|0
  • Firefighter is best. It pays better. The company's usually good, the station is better equiped with everything from showers to a stacked fridge.

0|1
    0|0
  • You could try both but I think you'll be happier with firefighter later on

0|0
    0|0
    • What do mean by that

• It's a much longer career with a lot of benefits and good pay if you live where they do pay you and not volunteer , New York City firefighters get good pay and benefits

• Firefighter seems like it pays higher.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oy, did you hear about that guy who is now an ex firefighter because he made a comment about how he supported the kid that shot the 9 people in S. C. they immediately terminated him

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• lifeguard.. you will not get bored... and you can do your job.. and relax at the same time.. plus.. the view will b nice..

0|0
    0|0
  • lifeguards have to do a lot of sitting around waiting for danger, but so do firefighters. I'd say firefighting is more of a danger and a commitment but is probably more rewarding.

0|0
    0|0