What's your signature dish you cook very well?

We all seem to have that one dish that we know how to cook that is just our "thing". Even if you don't know how to cook anything else, what is the one thing you've mastered and don't mind cooking for others?

I do a lot of cooking, and love experimenting, but I created a seafood clam chowder that I stole from one recipe but fooled around and replaced different ingredients to it to make it totally my own. That, and a Greek lasagne is another dish I make in a unique way that I love to serve.

What is yours?

Most Helpful Guy

• Homemade NY style pizza. Made it last night and had some leftover for lunch.

• The kind with the floppy crust where you have to fold it to eat it? YUM

• No, the cheese goes on but the first two minutes is for the bottom to crisp up and rise a little. Then brown the top. Sounds easy but it takes some perfecting. I am still working on all components such as sauce, cheese, dough etc. i think I found a good cheese, next I need to find a good sauce recipe and I need to perfect the dough but even still I have one that could easily come out as an artisan pizza at a restaurant.

• Thanks for MHO!

What Guys Said 7

• Curry, especially exotic ones. My mum taught me well! Never follow a recipe, so every one is different. One secret is to roast veg first.

• Chicken and spinach cream soup!!
    its really amazing so creamy and warm!!

nothing will heat you up faster than that in the winter

I also make a good matzo ball soup, a jewish friend showed me how its really good!
    I add chicken to that to

i also have been experimenting with bone broths but that takes soo long and makes my house 100+ degrees you need to have that stuff cooking for over 8 hours!!

• Love this! Is it all from scratch, the cream for the soup I mean?

• Yeah it takes time to really master it
      At first I made it too watery not creamy enough but now I have the perfect balance
      I am building a recipe book
      One day I want open a soup restaruant lol

• Everything I can make is basic as hell except my own littler personalized pizza :D
    Flood it with three cheeses, stuff some in the crust with chopped jalapenos, and paint the crust with melted butter when it's about done. The sizzling sound it makes.. just fools your sense of hearing into thinking it can taste the pizza

• Pasta the only thing i can cook very well xD

• Steak with vegetables is the thing I cook if anyone was coming to dinner

• Breakfast burritos...

• A cock sandwhich, you want one. But be warned, its big. Lmfao.

What Girls Said 6

• I can boil water like a pro 😎

• I make some wicked tofu dishes hahaha

• Baked ziti. All my family loves it. It's always a big hit. That and scrambled eggs lol.

• Baked Alaska 😍

• I make a very good Lasagna.

• deep-fried crispy lemon tofu. Om-nom-nom, gonna go make some more now!

• OMG OMG, can you share how you make it, even just a hint?

• Sure! The joy needs to be spread. It's pretty straightforward really. Press the tofu so it's not too wet anymore, coat in tempura batter (I only season it with salt + a little bit of pepper). Fry in lots and lots of oil, which is unhealthy, but delicious! The sauce is the loveliness, and the "special" ingredients is stock mostly made with shitake & kombu. When I've run out of it, I've made it with veggie stock cubes, but that always lacks something in my opinion. I make an extract with those two and add it into the sauce so it's extra strong and I only need to use a little. So that, some water, lots of lemon juice and salt/soy sauce. I thicken it with cornstarch at the end and either pour it over the fried tofu, or use it as a dip. Your stomach will not thank you later, but in the mean-time, it's delicious ;)