Older doesn't always mean wiser, do you agree?

Personally I agree with this, what about you?

• I agree
  • I disagree

Most Helpful Guy

• My username is OlderAndWiser and it refers to the fact that I am older and wiser than I was when I was younger (thank God!) It dos not mean that I am either older or wiser than anyone else on this site. As we get older, almost all of us learn from our experiences and improve our ways, so our wisdom grows and we are wiser. . . but not necessarily wiser than someone else. YazanAA, certainly you are wiser now than you were at age 16, right?

Similarly, younger doesn't ALWAYS mean foolish, although people tend to make their foolish mistakes when they are younger. YazanAA, experience will teach you that very few things in life are either ALWAYS or NEVER.

Peace.

What Girls Said 8

• I definitely agree.

• Yeah, like those 60 year old people that send hundreds of thousands of dollars to scammers from Nigeria because they're "in love." lol

• My parents and grandparents still do some pretty boneheaded things.

• Lol is this a jab at @OlderAndWiser?

But I agree, age itself is not a contributing factor in someone's wisdom, but it IS more likely for an older person to be more wise due to experience.

There's a Russian saying that goes: "Wisdom comes with age.", however there's an addendum to it that carries on: "..., but sometimes age comes alone."

• I agree. You're only wiser if you've had enough experience with whatever you're wise about.

• Yup! :)
    'Cause yazan, as we all know Zell is really wise, no? :P

• i totally agree... older=more life experiences

• Some people, usually due to alcoholism, make very disgraceful elders.

What Guys Said 6

• Wisdom comes from learning from experience. Some people think it comes to you magically as you get older but that doesn't make sense. I've met a few foolish older people in my life. Older people do have more experiences to try and learn from so they have more opportunities to gain wisdom.

• I agree partly.
    Older doesn't always mean wiser but it means more experienced. And experience can be a source of wisdom.

• I totally agree with this.

• Yes, I agree.

• I think it generally means wiser but perhaps not always...

• Says the young people. Older people are wiser in at least one specific area than younger people. Just because they aren't wiser than you in one subject or you think they're not wiser than you doesn't make it so.
    Older people have had more life experience, things you can't possibly learn from a text book, internet site, chat room or wherever else you think you gained more wisdom in. Age does equal more wisdom. However you confuse not knowing everything in every area with not being wise.