Do you agree or disagree that marriage in today's day and age is becoming useless and obsolete?

I think so and here are my reasons for it -

1) It's expensive as fuck.
2) Marriage seems to be more about women getting everything that they want by divorcing and taking half of the shit away form their soon-to-be ex-husbands that they've never worked for in the first place.
3) Divorce rates in the US has skyrocketed so high, with the vast majority of divorces statistically initiated by women.
4) Once the married couple has kids, the family courts will most likely always favor the mother/wives to have the custody of children and giving them all of the welfare aid for her and the kids.
5) It's a waste of a man's very huge chunk of his life.

I constantly hear many negative stories about how men were deceived into believe that the women that they've married are faithful and trustworthy... until they started to initated the divorce and taking half of their things away (undeservingly). People say how marriage is about being selfless to your partner and being their for them for the good and bad times. Well fuck being selfless in this new shitty generation. All it will do is get people (especially the men) no where and be taken for granted for it. I'd rather not risk get married and be on guard at all cost (even until I become an old man) with any woman that I get into a relationship with.

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

Most Helpful Guy

• I disagree, I want to get married and have kids, I don't think that this is useless especially the kids part.

• Not if I make a low income and then get sucked into a divorced and get fucked over by the family courts to constantly pay for child support. I'd rather stay single (at least here in America) for a very very long time along with having a good career until a woman that I encounter is 110% trustworthy. Having a family is pretty pointless anyway if you're just gonna be unhappy for it, in my honest opinion.

• But if that's the life you want, then nothing wrong with it at all. Hopefully, it goes great for you when you do get a family.

• Thank you very much dude.

What Girls Said 4

• No way, I wanna marry the guy I love!! And I never wanna get divorced... honestly, to me any guy who does not want to commit to a girl and marry her eventually if he loves her is lame as hell!! lol if I love a guy and he loves me back, I want ALL of him, and nothing less!

• I completely agree, only if my parents saw it the same way. Telling them I'm not getting married to them is the equivalent of saying, "I'm gonna kill myself!"

• I disagree.

• I know couples that are only married for tax reasons

• I've heard of that in the States. What are their relationships like, if they have any?

Hate each other/ friends/ distant/ correct but curt/ ships that pass in the night/ living in different cities?

Is it anything like the arranged marriages of the Orient?

What Guys Said 11

• Believe it or not there are men doing what you're saying women do in point #2.

But I do feel that the availability of divorce is the problem. "till death do you part" doesn't mean anything.

• In my view. Marriage is a stupid custom and something that's not required really.

• Solve everything about it and don't get married

• I don't agree with marriage but only agree with reason number 1

• I completely agree. The government has way too much say in what goes on in someone else's relationship. I'm not signing a contract that gives me rules and financial consequences for breaking said rules in my relationship, and I'm not allowing the law to dictate how my relationship is run.

• Could you imagine a world where people just say "lets have children" then immediately have sex and the relationship is held together by nothing but "I got nothing better to do"?

• I disagree man

• I dsagree and i think your reasons are weak.

• How are they weak? It's the truth. The divorce rate is pretty high here in the US.

• If you like marriage, then fine with me. Those are your beliefs. Just don't impose any bullshit or force marriage on me because it's no one's obligation to get married. I don't need another preachy self-righteous man or woman to tell me how I should live my life.

• To start with the fact it is exensive in your opion, it all depends on your own wishes for that day.
      Don't know how it is in U. S. but here the father isn't automatically registered as the legal father without marriage.
      That divorce rate s high doesn't mean every marriage will fail... i think a marriage will the decrease the chance that a relationship will end.
      Your second comment surrise because you have asked this question and have given some reasons and i have just said that i disagree and that i think that your reasons are weak.

• No, totally disagree.

• I completely disagree.

• With the way things are headed, marriage footage will be the subject of the next Jackass film.