Why does complaining look worse in men than it does in women?

If a guy is complaining, people will label him as whining, crying, being a baby, but its more socially acceptable for a woman to complain. Why are guys, men expected to be the ones that take responsibility, "do something" about their situation, get things done, more so than women do?

Guys will often get told to Man up, be a Man, grow a pair, all the damn time, seriously, why is being a problem solver and doing something about it, taking action, all mascuw qualities, traits?

What is the god damn logic behind this gender law?

There are times I hate, despise, loathe the cards in was dealt with for being born with a penis

Most Helpful Guy

• Double standard. Society is sexist towards men in this way and favours women.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• Maybe because a man is brought up in a different way than a woman, right from childhood a guy is told to act like a man, try to solve his own problems and so on, so I think it has a lot to do with conditioning. Hence when a man complains, cries and whines, the society and people make it look even worse and label him the same. Men are told have control over their emotions. When the woman does the same, it still doesn't look good but people won't talk much or point towards it, because they think it's okay if a woman does it but the same is not with a man,

• ya, and apparently taking responsibility for anything in life is deemed as a manly, masculine thing to do, instead of just being an adult thing to do

• Men are suppose to be the strong supportive ones that's the all there is to it. Really not a mystery

• I have never really noticed that - I think both genders look unattractive when complaining.

• Seriously, I often times hate being born male because of this