Which one is easier to learn first? A bike or a car?

To drive/ride I mean..

Most Helpful Guy

• If you mean bike as a bicycle, then bike hands down. If you mean bike as in motorcycle, I would say a car is easier. But if you are willing to put a little bit more of an effort understanding how to operate a motorcycle, then I would suggest it. I ride a motorcycle myself.

• Of course, it depends on if you are looking at automatic versus manual ("stick shift") transmission. Manual transmission is very similar to what you do on a motorcycle, except the difference is one is a 4 tire vehicle and the other is a 2 tire vehicle.

• Thank you for the MHO.

• You're welcome :)

What Guys Said 11

• I see you are talking about a bike as in one you peddle. Well that type of bike is way more easy to learn than a car. With a car things have to be done in a sequence. You have to hold the accelerator in the same position to maintain a constant driving speed, you have to make sure your in the right gear, you have to remember to use blinkers and make sure you give other road users plenty of warning before as well as check to make sure you are not cutting anyone off, for example a cyclist or another car, you have to constantly be checking your mirrors, you have to watch what is going on around you for example people that might step out into the road in front of your car, that little kid that could run out in front of your car, people in other cars that do not give way. You have to notice all those things going on around you and be able to stop in time. You also have to adjust your speed to suit the weather conditions for example you have to be way more careful on wet roads. Then there is maintaing the car, buying gas, paying registration and insurance.

• If by bike you mean motorcycle, then a car would be easier ad safer to learn first. Riding a motorcycle presents so many hazards the last thing you want to do is be focusing too much on what your doing, than the ever present hazards around you

• a bike. if you learned to ride a bicycle, you can ride a motorbike too. a car is a bit more complicated because it´s big and you need to learn to stay in track and have appropriate spacing.

the hardest part in my opinion though is driving and watching the street as well as signs and remember all rules at the same time, this is kinf of the same for both.

• Yeah, I think I'll able to 'handle' the bike better than the car..

• that´s your choice. it´s still more uncomfortable though. a car is just more practical. think about if you need to transport anything larger for example. even just going shopping or to a drive through by bike is shitty.

• I'll try both, I think..

• A bike

,,,

• It would be a 3 wheel bike for me cause i'm illiterate as hell hahahaa

• bike for sure. all you gotta do is find a downhill slope, get on and start pedalling like down the hill for like 3 times. and then you can ride it. Go down a hill with your car and you don't know how to drive, you end up in the hospital or morgue.

• Probably a bike

• Car is easier. But with the bike you've got sooooo much more maneuverability and risk.

• I think a bike

• A plane :(

• I would say a bike

What Girls Said 11

• A bike. It's mostly just peddling. A car is a lot of different things, like you have to make sure you keep the pressure on the accelerator at just the right level, make sure you're in the right gear, keep checking your mirrors, remember to indicate, remember the meanings of all the signs, plus you have to then keep the car maintained through petrol and that's expensive.

• A bike... No don't. All I did was fall off of it but I eventually got the hang steering it left to right is pretty easy.

A car is wpay more advance you have no idea how many times I almost killed myself because I couldn't remember how to operate it.

• A bike to me seems easier. A car was pretty annoying because I kept wanting to use both feet and I also liked to speed (which the instructor didn't like. He kept saying that I was letting the car control me instead of the other way around. Wtf did that mean?)

• Car.

:p

I think because my friend drove nicely on her first try without much guide.

For me bicycle. (If that's the one you mean, since I haven't drove a car yet.)

• What kind of bike are we talking about? Since a bike could be a motorcycle or an actual bike.

• A bike. Most definitely

• Bike because a car has to many rules/instructions

• I bike is much easier to learn first than a car

• hell, both was hard lol! I say bike because if you're in a wreck, its less expensive

• Definitely a bike. It's pretty basic -- just hop on, balance yourself and move your legs. Little kids ride 'em easily.

Driving is more complicated. You have to worry about other cars on the road, switching lanes, going at a certain speed limit, etc. With bikes, you ride on a sidewalk and go at your own pace.

The only way I could maybe see riding a bike harder is if the person riding one is incredibly out of shape.

• A bicycle was pretty easy, I have decent balance. Driving was also very easy... so this is a tough decision. There are a lot more rules for driving than biking, so I suppose Biking is easier.