Is it true Japanese smokers rarely get lung cancer?

I heard a rumor that there are a lot of smokers in Tokyo, but they rarely get lung cancer, because of all the green tea they drink, or something. Any 日本人 here? Any truth to this?

What about the cigarette sources? Where do the cigarettes sold in Japan come from? The cigarettes in North America tend to come from crops laced with radioactive pesticides.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's the legendary wasabi!

What Girls Said 1

• I'd say the green tea. The diet there is higher in protein and sea food. Compare that to Americans who tend to eat the most horrendously unhealthy food for example.

What Guys Said 4

• I think we would have heard a lot more about it by now if it were true.

• If they indeed get less lung cancer than that would most likely be caused by genetic factors rather then green tea.

• Are you sure? Cuba supposedly invented a lung cancer vaccine.

• Yeah but that vaccine isn't a vaccine in the classic sense, it doesn't prevent cancer from being developed. It supossedly activates the immune system to attack the cancer already present in the body.
      Also, radioactive pesticides? Dafuq are you on about?

• Google it.

• I think it plays into some truth, since there diet is different

• No its cause they eat ginseng bruh