Why do people think that I am a weeaboo?

I'm a huge compulsive anime fan, and I watch it/think about it every day, but everyone IRL and on the internet has been calling me a "weeaboo" for some stupid reason. I know what weeaboos are, and I can definitely tell you I am NOT a weeaboo. I do not think that Japan is better than everything else, I eat a lot of American food, I don't put "desu" at the end of everything, I don't have many anime DVDs at all, I only have 1 poster, and I only have 1 plushie. But people call me a weeaboo. But what I've learned is that the people who call me a weeaboo are usually religious fanatics/republicans... but why do people think that I am a weeaboo?

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally I'm a huge anime fan myself (and republican, fancy that haha). I can say that you are not a weaboo. When I think weaboo, I think non-asian acting like he is full fledge Japanese. Watching anime does not make you a weaboo. Acting like an anime character makes you a weaboo.
    However, some non-anime fans contain the thoughts on anime-fan as stereotypes. They think of all the guys with body pillows, a ridiculously expensive sword collection, and meme text surrounding them saying "You can't beat my virgin super saiyan level!" Especially on the internet.. because its well... the internet. It's the unfortunate anime stereotype.
    Just ignore them, just keep streaming anime from sketchy websites with ad-blocker like most of us anime watchers do-- or you can be a crunchy roll user who actually pays for anime lol.

• You watch anime and you are republican? That's not illogical at all, but thanks for replying.

• In fact I was just watching the new episode of Arslan Senki when I just decided to check G@G

What Girls Said 2

• My guess is that the people calling you that don't know what a weaboo is but they know it annoys you so they keep doing it.

• I totally know your problem. I watch anime too. Not even everyday anymore, because there aren't a lot of fun ongoing series anymore, I don't talk about it too much or try to be Japanese and the only thing I have are a few manga's in my room and a death note. I'm like far from a weeb, but people still call me that. I think it's just when you already watch anime, people call you a weeb. Don't think too much about it.

What Guys Said 2

• Because the term hit the mainstreme a year or so ago when the news was briefly obsessed with 'Yellow fever" because no one had died hiddeously for a few days. So thanks to that anyone who vaguely likes anime, manga, or anything vaguely japanese gets to be called a weeaboo.
    Let them have it. It is so hard for the mainstreme to pick on people with alternative interests now that the geeks have claimed the title back... or at least did until a load of not quite popular people grabbed it and ran away with it...

... back on track. It's just the mainstreme missussing a words, in the same way other bits of internet slang have been corrupted such as Mary Sue.

• Because you are like a dam and the Internet is like the river you're holding back. If the Internet can find any faults in that damn dam wall of yours, it'll break that damn dam wall and you're broken. However, water cannot penetrate dam walls if you do not give a fuck. So you can fix all your problems if you can learn to not give a dam fuck.