Why does having your back scratched feel so freaking good?

Parents usually do it subconsciously, little kids love it, I've never met someone who do isn't love someone scratching their back and some people even get sexual stimulation from it. What is up with back scratching? ?

Most Helpful Guy

• Humans are social creatures.
    Have you ever noticed that when you're at your barber, you just can't get enough of them rubbing their hands all over your head?(just me?)

Same thing with your back, among other places.
    In our ancestral environment grooming not only facilitated good hygiene, but was one of the main forms of pro-social activity. It tells you you're safe, in the presence of your friends, and in a situation where you can relax.
    Though the hygienic purpose has been displaced, we haven't really changed. It still feels nice to gently touch each other in a non-sexual way. It's still a simple animal comfort and also explains why mammals, such as cats and dogs, enjoy being petted.

What Guys Said 3

• Oh yeah - Never thought about it but as I read that question that "Oh yeah" came to mind so you must be speaking the truth.

• Lol yeah I like it, my parents when I was a kid used to play this game with me were they would draw pictures on my back with their fingers/hands and I would have to guess what it was always loved that game.

• If you think that feels good you should try grinding /twerking while squatting on a guy's face.

What Girls Said 3

• I like it too. It just feels soothing to me and I fall asleep quicker.

• Lol I don't know but yeah, it does feel good..

• I don't know. I don't like it but my boyfriend does. Sometimes I do it while giving him a massage