Is happiness a choice or a consequence of our choices?

• Happiness is a choice
  • Happiness is a consequence of our choices

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say is a consequence of our choices, for example: we can choose to laugh under any circumstance but not under any circumstance we will be able to laugh with genuine happiness. One of Dalai Lama quotes say it all:

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions."

What Girls Said 6

• I think you can choose and possibly make yourself feel happy but I also think ultimate happiness is inevitable if you make the right choices in life that truly meet what you want or they're you doing things that you love.

• I believe it really is a choice, but most people only choose to be it as a consequence of our choices.

• I think it's actually both

• Happiness is a consequence of our choices and the choices of people around us :)

• Some of both I guess :)

• It's a choice.

What Guys Said 6

• I believe it's a balance of both happiness is a choice and only you can make yourself happy that means a car a woman even money can't make you happy but I would say your choices as well such as giving and appreciation

• I think be would be the correct assumption after logical analysis

• I think happiness is really fickle. Maybe it's a mistake that we're so focused on it in the modern world.

It's just an emotion. Feedback that tells us that things are good. To me it's like focusing on your grades instead of on learning.

• A bit of both

• Happiness is a choice to be happy about the consequences of our choices, so both.

• In my case more so B. I was unhappy, then I fixed my diet, started exercising a lot, starting taking self-improvement as a whole more seriously. Put myself well on track to achieve my life goals. I feel significantly happier now, and it's obvious to me it's a consequence of my choices.

I can see how A could apply to others, but not me.