Is it ok to take medicine for children 2-12 when I'm 14?

So I hve to take this medicine, and the regular version is a pill, and I cannot swallow pills, I've tried tons of times I just can't. The <12 comes in chewable and liquids. by the way this is travel medicine, I get motion sickness. please help😊

Most Helpful Guy

• The short version: You will be fine.
    The long version: The reason medicine has the recommended age on it is simply to tell you about how powerful the medicine is. For example, a 40 year old guy is a lot bigger and has more mass than a 10 year old. Hence if you were to give the 40 year old and the 10 year old the same dose it would affect the 10 year old more than the 40 year old. So the medicine for the 12 year old should be fine for you because all it is is a lesser dose, or a less powerful version of the adult medicine. If you can't swallow pills then the liquid and chew-able are fine, you just might need to take a bit more than the recommended dosage on the label. Hope this helps

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah they work, they just aren't as affective.

• Yes u just need to take a higher dose of it depending on your weight

What Guys Said 1

• Probably need to increase dosage a little bit - Check with a doctor