I just got expelled. What is life like after expulsion?

I was writing my research paper, but I couldn't find the quotes from the book so I copied them from wikipedia, the professors are accusing me of plagarism and I'm getting expelled. I don't know what to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• To be honest, I've done this before and almost got an automatic failure. I was doing a research paper and couldn't, for the life of me, find the source of a few quotes I really liked (didnt save the damn reference page). So I told myself, "I'll find them later"and ended up never doing it and almost got an automatic failure and ISS because they sounded similar to another students from years ago (never even heard of this kid, how can I copy from them?).

Anyway, I told them it was an honest mistake. I took the bitching but explained it clearly and got off with a warning, which was still bullshit. You should do the same thing, appeal it, or at least apply elsewhere.

What Guys Said 9

• Time to get into the work force and work. Depending on what major you were in a lot of college students end up in a different career anyways.

• I never understood why teachers give assignments that lend themselves to plagiarism. there are other ways to educate and test comprehension.

If appeal to your professor and explain the situation. Offer to have an in depth discussion of the topic/book instead.

What is the point of the paper?

• It sounds sloppy rather than cheating - Can you not appeal?

• so you copied quotes/ you dont get expelled from copying quotes unless you claim them to be yours. Well you paid the price for being lazy and cheating, yoou could of at least rephrase the quotes.

Try applying to other colleges, look into trade schools, in UUSA we have community colleges that offer trades.

• No I copied quotes FROM THE BOOK (but I couldn't find them in the book so I googled them and found it on wikipedia) so I couldn't rephrase them.

• sounds like you are not telling us everything

• I am, don't worry.

• That's going to be tough to recover from

• If you reference your work then it won't be plagarism

• That's why I always said to you study study.. But you didn't hear me...

• ouch. Sorry to hear that

• Rule number 1: Never, ever, ever, EVER use Wikipedia for a college paper.

What Girls Said 3

• It sounds rather harsh. Do you have any other transgressions?

• File a petition, I'm sure you can enroll in adifferent college. They can't keep you from furthering your education.

• just say "fuck you! this is my life!"