Being happy alone, is there such thing?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• There's positives and negatives of being single and in a realationship.

I have felt more unhappy and alone in a relationship than i am being single.

. So it's better be on your own than in the wrong relationship. You can find happiness and contentment alone, but you can't with the wrong person

I have learned never to place my happiness in someone elses hands, because once they've gone then so is your happiness. That's why it's best to be happy alone, then when you meet the right person they just add to your existing happiness 😊

• Well said :) If the person coming into your life doesn't make it better then it isn't the right person for you :)

• @anon1999 that's exactly how i feel too 💜

• I think its possible to be happy alone if you have a lot of hobbies, have good friends, if you are actively helping people and making a difference in the world or if you are religious.

• I would say yes a girl can be happy alone.

• Yes. Especially if you're heavily introverted and/or asexual. Some people have a blast on their own and feel drained when there are others with them. You shouldn't force it though. It's fine to want to be around others.

• I think yea you can be happy alone while you're young and can do stuff, but when you're like old and housebound or if you get disabled or something then being alone is crap. Most people when they are old their friends are dead, and if they have an accident and get disabled when they're young then their friends drift off and only one or two very good friends stay. Then the person alone will probably get lonely and just bored of life every day at home.

But then again, nowadays they have like friend charities for old people and stuff where a volunteer comes to visit them or whatever once a week. I guess if they're old lonely and housebound they can get one of those.

Personally I'm happy alone and I enjoy my own company, and if I got that old and housebound I can get a cat or something lol, but really it's very depressing for lots of old people that I've seen. And omg when they need to go buy food for the house... such a struggle and nobody to help them. I feel really sorry for them because they can't even carry things properly.

• Absolutely there is.

What Guys Said 6

• I am much happier alone than I have been in my relationships. Personally I would rather be alone than with the wrong person. The person you date should make your life better not worse. That is my personal litmus test if they make my life better than it already is then I have a keeper if not it's time to move on.

• I don't know if anyone can be totally happy being on their own but to varying degrees people are more content with their situations.

• For a certain time only

• I don't think so... maybe alone as in being single, yes
    but to be really TOTALLY alone, I doubt it

• Almight God, there is not such thing.

• if you aren't happy alone than no relationship will make you truly happy i know that from experience were both of us just didn't want to be alone and ought being together would make us happy

very wrong...

but i believe if we met at a different time when we were both happy it would have been a much happier coupling