Woman pretends to be a man, and finds out that things aren't quite as easy in the dating world and elsewhere for men as she believed - Thoughts?

This was by far one of the most interesting videos I've come across this year. There is something here for both guys and girls to learn, and ill get into both down below. You can choose to watch the whole thing from beginning to end (highly recommended) where she does her make over and the initial expierment she did for some context, or you can just skip to the part were she actually tries to pick up other women as a guy and go on a few dates @9:26 minutes in

Basically, she talks about how when she went on dates as a man, the feeling of having to prove herself was grueling for her, and the distraught feeling she got when girls blew her off in certain ways was also interesting to hear from a womans perspective. She also goes into how much it took out of her to be the one to actually make the first move and what it felt like just to be on the opposite end. She came into this with the view that women wanted a soft sensitive guy, but after going on dozens of dates as a guy, her view did a total 180, which was also really interesting to me. There's something here for guys to learn as well. She was saying that in these dates, she found that after she revealed her identity as a female, a lot of the girls were angry at first, but she was super shocked to see how many of them, although heterosexual, were still interested in dating her afterwards, which confirmed at least one of her beliefs that attraction for women is far more mental than it is physical... and this is something a lot of guys on here haven't quite figured out yet.

I respect the gal a lot for trying this experiment though, as its not everyday that i see a woman trying to cross over to experience what its like on the other side. Her conclusion though was that she felt even better to be a woman because she saw it as a privilege after doing this experiment... which i had to rewind like 3 times to make sure i heard her right xD. Anyways, what are your thoughts on this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I watched the entire thing! It’s changed my perception of guys a little. Especially the way she explained the relationship between males. And how merciless some of us girls are on a day to day basis. Now I know how to make it easier on guys 😅

Definitely glad to be a girl... I don't think I could go a month, doing what she did. I think the hardest part for me would be expressing little to know negative emotion...

• im in the process of writing up a myTake on it, as i think more people need to see this ^_^

• Thanks for mho!

• you're welcome :)

What Girls Said 3

• That's very interesting. It's undeniable that girls have it way easier when it comes to dating.
    A lot of girls mete out that bitchy behaviour whenever they're approached and I've told a lot of friends not to act "snobby", but it kinda comes natural at times. Many girls do it because they assume the guy just wants to play around or sleep with them, others feel superior. It takes a lot of courage to approach someone, but those girls make it a lot harder, they make you feel uncomfortable and act like you're some kind of creep for just saying hi.

A guy chases a girl, trying to prove he's worth of her time, while the girl acts bitchy and uninterested. It's a classic. Even if she accepts your invitation she will feel like you're the one who has to do all the work, after all you're the one who showed interest, all she did was say "Okay, I'll give you a chance".
    It's interesting to notice that if girls ask guys out the same thing can happen. No matter their gender there are people who think you need them, since you asked them out. So, they won't put any kind of effort in getting to know you, making dates 100 times more difficult.

Honestly I think the whole approaching people you don't know to ask them out is just a waste of time. There's a lot less drama if you start getting closer as friends and than everything usually develops a little more naturally. If one person is chasing the other nothing good comes out of it.

• Yeah i agree... though to first even become friends, that initial interaction has to happen first where the two of you don't know each other. From what i can tell where some women are concerned, its usually "creepy" if the guy who approaches them is unattractive to them, but its hot/confident when an attractive guy does it, haha. Like personally, im not the kind of person whos satisfied with only dating someone that i know from work or school. I prefer to go out into the wild and actually find the person who matches best with me, not the person who just happens to be in close proximity. I just found it really interesting that when i girl put on a guys shoes, she immediately saw how frustrating an experience it was being a guy xD

• She kind of looks like a dude either way. xD
    Definitely a much better looking man.

Yeah, I see this happening... it depends on the situation. Sometimes there are privileges that only women get and sometimes there are privileges only men get.

And yes - men should get more respect for being the ones who generally do the approaching.

• "She kind of looks like a dude either way. xD
      Definitely a much better looking man."

whoaaa shots fired!

• It IS true... right? xD
      I don't know... maybe it's just me.

• I read about it. Girls are emotionally complicate than guys are. Full of twists and turns.

What Guys Said 3

• No shit its easier being a women this is why more boys kill themselves then girls. When boys learn what its like to be a man some of them can't handle it.

• Very interesting.

• i wasted 9 minutes... but no one cares.