What is your logical/scientific proof or point of view that there is/isn't a God?

from a logical and scientific point of view, what is your proof that there is/isn't a god? And we are not Here talking from a religious point of view, if you do believe there's a god who created the universe then what is your evidence? And if you don't believe that there's a God who created the universe then what is your evidence?

Please there's no need to get into religious debate, just give your honest opinion about this.
You people are missing the point, I'm not talking about gods who are described in the religious scriptures, I'm talking about a creator of the universe, if you don't believe that there's a creator of the universe then how in your logical opinion was the universe created?

Most Helpful Girl

• There is a God. Simply because we exist. Because the universe, the galaxy, the planets, and us exist. The universe didn't create itself. The planets didn't create themselves. And we didn't simply appear, just like that. Almost everything we see/know about is proof that God exists. The beauty of nature is a proof. The mountains, the oceans, it's simply Wow. I don't get how people still don't believe there's a God simply by thinking about their existence. How were we created? Why we're we created? Why do we exist? Why do planets and the universe exists? What is our scope in life? Etc... There are infinite questions as these that can't be answered. And it all comes down to one simple logical conclusion: Because of the creator. Because God exists.
    Just lay on the ground and the sky and cloud for a minute... you'll instantly be like "Subhan Allah".
    I was once in the bus, going to school, and I looked out of the window and started watched the sky and the different forms of clouds... and I thought, one cannot simply see that and not believe in the creator who did all that. It was such an amazing feeling, I swear. To know there is someone watching over us. To know that I'm not alone and that I will never be and that I could always depend on God as long as I'm faithful to him.
    I could go all day talking about this since there are infinite reasons and proofs to God's existence.
    Buuut... I have my bac exams coming next week and I reaaaally gotta study :D and God isn't gonna help me on the day of my exams if he didn't see I put effort to study, right? ;)

That's a pretty interesting question. Thanks, Yazan! <3

• Were*
      Watch* the sky

• Lol exactly what @Omar5881 said

What Girls Said 7

• Well I guess one thing I can think of is that suicide rates among religious people are lower than suicide rates among believers.

Also children raised to believe in God are happier than children raised to believe in atheism

The Hindus who emphasize creativity and fidelity are the richest group in North America

The Jews who emphasize monotheism and humility are the second richest group in North America

The Amish who emphasize simplicity and sincerity get the highest test scores on North America

• The answer is there isn't any scientific proof.

But I grew up catholic and decided to by atheist just based on my doubts and because you really don't have to be a genius to know that most things stated to be achieved by god in the bible are completely disproved by science already. I ended up thinking about the bible as nothing but a book of fairy tales (no offence to those who believe) - also, I'm not against people believing in God in any way but religion being the cause for so much hate and so many severe wars in this world it is just something I will never support.

• I totally agree with you @Jxpxtxr If God exists then the question we must ask is "Who created God?" I too am Atheist and also an engineer and I agree that the bible is purely a history book of stories most of which are inaccurate with people living 435 years and the like. If I am wrong then as I love my fellow man I hope that I will get a reprieve... Read the poem by Leigh Hunt "Abou ben Adam" makes much more sense than religion

• I read it as the intent not the actual love of god it is the love and respect of your fellow man. I think some of the best people on this earth are Atheist and are much better people than some of the religious hypocrites that preach one thing in the name of god and then are adulterous and debase in the next breath

• Because he simply doesn't. The bible was created by man, including the commendments so all of that "God hates gays" is nonsense because of the fact that society was different then. Also Adam and Eve were not married technically so that proves my point with it being just their society. There is no proof and the bible is constantly mis read, a lot of people don't realize that it was human made and that anyone could write what they wanted. And if God did exist then he is certainly not a jolly and happy one for obvious reasons...

• You are missing the point of the question.

• There is no way to prove or disprove of a creator but religion is easy to disprove since it is man made.

• I would say there is no solid proof of either until after you die, or if you get lucky enough to have some type of supernatural experience. In the meantime, it's based on faith I believe.

• If there was any scientific proof we probably wouldn't be discussing about it.

• It doesn't have to be a proof and it doesn't have to be scientific. It can be a logic point/opinion from you of how was the universe created, because as you know, nothing comes from nothing.

• There is no evidence to either prove it or disprove it

• i think there's a lot of gods. each one for each relgion that believes in him

What Guys Said 17

• You know what the problem is... this is a dead end question for most atheists. The atheists believe we're living in a very different universe than the Christian believes. Yet the atheist lacks any rational for their belief according to their own worldview, "reason" as a by product of irrational processies is irrational.

I. e I could provide plenty of proof for God, the atheist is free to dictate what they dod and do find evidential
    (i didn't say proof because there are NO proofs in anything outside mathematics, precisely because it relies on strict rigour and predefined theorem that no other discipline of knowledge offers).

I. e i could present the resurrection, i could back it up with a well documented and well supported historical case for it, yet according to the atheist worldview. By definition, there is no possibility of anyone rising from the dead, thereby through conclusion, it didn't happen full stop. There is however scientific evidence that the atheist worldview is irrational which speaks volumes about any opinion they attempt to form using their cognitive faculties/

• Which god? Here, pick your choice:
    wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/.../...eve-in1.jpg

(that list is almost certainly incomplete because it relates only to gods whose believers could write. A minority thus.)
    Pay attention to pick 'the right ones' in that list: o pick 'the right ones' in that list: they're all jealous. If you err you'll suffer or eternity in EACH hell of EACH of them. That makes for many sufferings. :D :D

Believers pretend there's a god (or many gods.) Good for them. Up to them to prove their point.
    What has been advanced without proof can be rejected without proof.
    Concerning evolution, science is not about belief.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...1905b82bec.jpg

• Read the second update

• Fuckin love that huge list haha

• i capitalized "in our nature rules" for a reason because I know that you will say this, what is applied for nature can't be applied to God, God is outside nature and he is the one who created it and its RUELS so those rules can't be applied for God for a simple reason that they weren't exist before him. Does a wooden door mean that the person who made that door is made out of wood? No, the creator and the creation are different.

• I do believe in god
    ( just so you know which path I'm shooting for, for the sake of the question )

So all I can say is the earth and everything in it, is my evidence look around if you
    really take the time to study the earth you'll notice that some animals were created to support certain species while other animals, insects etc were created with very specific purposes in mind. The same can be said for areas, ecosystems all of it supports each other on a very delicate balance which is why if some species were to become extinct then it would ravage the ecosystem in which it inhabits. Something like that, this world couldn't possibly have been created randomly through macro evolution, other then that I simply have my faith and my own experiences.

That's my two cents on the matter.

• @Phoenix98
      And what caused that god/Power? Another Mighty God 1.0 lighting a match while refueling its space craft and then BIG BANG, there's a God 1.01 or 2.0 ?
      Where's that Old god1.0 which created God 2.0 ? Did it die in the Big Bang?

• Phoneix when I said that I meant I don't want the answer and debates to be based on religious point of views.

• Ah I see, well that's a mistake on my part then for the miscommunication.

• 0|3
    • Read the second update

• Well I don't think that you can 100% prove it as you would prove that 1+1=2 but there's still some logic that can be accepted, I mean, if there wasn't a creator of this universe then how did it exist? For example if there wasn't a person (which is me) who wrote this comment that you are reading right now and hit submit would you be able read it? Or would it be able to exist? No.

• ''if there wasn't a creator of this universe then how did it exist''. Whats to say the cosmos hasn't Always existed? there never was a begining? What if it all just almost magically appeared for no reason?
      Simple fact is mate, We dont know, and it would be stupid for us to try and say with any certainty what actually happened, as, Like i said, as a specie, we realy dont have a fucking clue xD. But, When you think about all the trillions and trillions of things that could have possibly caused the universe to appear, the odds of it being a 'God' or single creator, Suddenly get worse and worse.

• I am sure I thought a lot about it over time but there are just things I can't work out like in christianity God, Jesus and the holy spirit are 3 different things but the same thing whah? and if God is so cool why are there people suffering?

• the trinity is indeed a difficult topic, I hope one day that I really can understand it But for me that I don;t understand it completely doesn;t say for me that it can't be true... I also can't understand how a lot of things work in the world...

• Well I suppose there is no definite proof.

Just like there is no definite proof that the tooth fairy doesn't exist, or santa claus, or any of the old greek and nordic gods, etc.

The way I see it, religions are just a guide for life, a framework of morals. People took things a bit too literally and voilá, suddenly we must for some reason prove whether or not there is something that people call "god".

• Read the 2nd update

• @zoooot
      The way I see it, religions are just a first edition of Law books, a way to organize society. Gods were dragged into that, to force the common people to believe, fear and obey. Religions ere VERY useful , back then: they provided laws, judges, some health rules, social security.

• I definitely don't believe in any organized religion. They just seem man-made and full of made-up stories. That being said, I do think the world, universe, and everything from the micro to the macro does seem to be designed. I have a hard time picturing random acts of force creating something as cyclical and balanced as our universe and ecosystem. I don't know what the answers are, but I do think analytical, observant people have questioned our existence, and the natural world since humans were first created. I actually look forward to dying just to see what happens.

• The existence or not of any supernatural being is impossible to test and therefore impossible to prove or disprove.

• There is no proof that God exists, nor any proof that it doesn't exist. To suggest otherwise is to fundamentally misunderstand both the question itself and the meaning of "proof."

You ask any well educated theologian (or atheist) and they'll tell you the same thing.

• If 'God' created the universe then what created 'God' because if nothing created 'God' then why must something have to have created the universe and if the universe is everything then mustn't 'God' simply be a part of the universe? And if 'God' is a part of the universe he couldn't possibly have created the universe. This means 'God' couldn't possibly be part of the universe and if something isn't part of the universe and the universe is everything then 'God' must be nothing.

I can't disprove the existance of a deity and you can't prove it. Also, why wouldn't 'God' just have told everyone about his existance instead of just telling one person. That way there would never have been any religious wars. But he decided to tell one person about him or actually he decided to tell three different persons three different things. Causing lots of war and murder.

• We can see that the stars are all moving away from a central point, as if exploding away... from a big bang. Geology tell us that it took hundreds of billions of years for the planet to become the earth as we know it today, and carbon dating has told us that creatures lived and died on this planet billions of years before the bible claimed the earth even came into being...

• Don't get me wrong, there could be something out there other than us mortal human beings, but it could literally be just about anything, as about as much proof has been offered to prove any one God/alien civilisation/idea, as the next

All I know for sure is that the bible, as we know it today, is wrong. Maybe the God it speaks of is zie one, but it's been corrupted so thoroughly, and factually disproven, and thusly offers nothing but a list of "how good people should carry themselves", which are the parts that even it's followers tend to ignore...

• You heathen, you pagan, you forsake your right to Spaghetti and Meat Balls with the Yummy Tomato Sauce and Parmigiano cheese.

You're condemned to an eternity of hot dogs and hamburgers.

• Hey!.. nobody said *anything* about parmigiano... I'm in!

• Everyone knows religion is actually BS and it's all about politics and "I AM EVERTHING" mentality. The age of force is over and thus so is the age of religion.

You were born into a particular family and there's a 99% chance that you will believe in that family's religion... if you're not going the way of the atheist.

It's a bit like racism.

• If God was created then who created the one that created God we would go on forever infinite no final point. So by logical conclusion God is the final creator. And separate from his creation the universe or multiverses.

• I agree with this, and remember that God is the one who created nature and its rules so they weren't existed before him thus they can't be applied to him.

• The fact that the existence of a god or almighty creature or whatever is impossible to prove debunks all current religions. Every single religion around now is 100% sure to be invented by man, because no one can be sure that any god exists. There is no way to prove that there isn't a living thing controlling us, although I personally don't believe in it but I'll never say I'm absolutely sure because I am not, but there is clear evidence that all religions are bullshit.

• Life seems so useless without a God! You are born and die and then nothing seems not logic to me...

• If there is a beginning from eternity so there must be a cause. When we look at the beginning we see that it caused a wonderful thing "the universe" So how can we say there is no a God/Power? This is just first one..

• I have no proof, but logically there are quite a lot of things I can say about God.
    The universe, reality and existence itself all works without having a God, so why would there need to be a God?

In some religions, God is all loving and also created everything, although there's plenty of evidence of things that have no need to exist if this is true.

Mathematically, the universe existing makes sense regardless of God. The less particles there is in a space, or the larger the space, the more positions and speeds etc the particles can go at since they have more room, meaning there's a higher chance that something different will happen to what is already happening. At zero particles within infinite space (nothingness / before the universe) , there is an infinite chance that something different will happen. This means if there was nothing, there would then immediately be something. Another argument is that the universe would need a reason to exist if it was extreme. For example, if the universe only had cubes in it, then it wouldn't make sense since there would have to be a reason why there wasn't other shapes such as pyramids or spheres. Now, since extremes can't exist, there can't be nothingness as that's an opposite extreme of parallel universes into infinity. This also proves the universe can exist without a God.

In Christianity, it is taught that God is all knowing and all powerful. It also says that he exists outside of time and created the universe.
    Creating the universe means creating everything. If something is created, there was a point in time when it wasn't there. This means before God created anything, there was nothing but God. God is all knowing, but since he hasn't created anything yet, there is nothing that exists and therefore nothing to know. Therefore, God can't create everything.

Final verdict; mathematically the universe can exist and does exist without God being a part of it. God is not necessary for anything, and when any religion provides an explanation for God it has many holes in it.

Now that's the rational side of me talking. It makes no sense that a God would exist. Personally, I'm agnostic though.