What are the characteristics of a strong woman and do men get intimidated by them?

Filler

Most Helpful Guy

• strong women wants a strong men who she can look upto in my opinion.

so, unless you're on point and got your life togetther with excellence, she will more likely get turned off.

she is probably high maintenance and low tolerating

her taste is expensive since she's a high acheiver making too money

she's harder to please, more critical, but you get less tolerance and unconditional love from her

she's beatiful and well dressed, she exudes confidence and is sexy but she's a heartbreaker for most men.

its not so much intimidation but she can get annoying and leave you feeling unloved.

What Guys Said 9

• A strong woman is a matriarchal type family where just about everything decision wise goes through her. It's like my ex in-laws. My ex wife never said "mom and dad" she only said "mom's" ie " I'm going to moms house for a while" and no I do not like that.

• I feel like that's the definition of a control freak and not a very strong woman

• That's what they are in a way and shame on men that let it get that way

• One characteristic of a strong woman is the assumption that men are intimidated by them when in reality men just can't stand a woman trying to qualify herself as strong and act overly aggressive when talking/doing things.

Nobody cares about 'strong' women; Women don't even know what a strong woman is.

• I find women with strong characters attractive

• I don't get intimidated by "strong" women... just find them annoying, I would rather date a girl who acts like a guy than the one you mentioned

• I mean what's annoying abut a girl who has her shit together and knows what she wants? I don't get it. Especially if she isn't a bitch and is nice about being aggressive. Oh well. I honestly get called strong all the time and I kinda hate it

• I don't mind if she's got herself together and knows what she wants it just the attitude that comes with it makes me want to tell her to shut the fuck up

• There is a difference between a b***** woman and a strong woman. A woman can be strong - i. e. have herself together, have life goals, etc., while not being a pain in everyone's a**

• Someone who's feisty

• I love strong women. I want women to beat me up and dominate me. Seriously.

• I like women who have a strong character.

• intimidated is a dumb word. its too generic. English language sucks.

• You're probably doing the dating life wrong, assuming that you open are in fact a strong woman yourself fishing for approval.

An alpha can't be around another alpha as they'll fight for dominance (getting intimidated).

A beta may be around another beta but then none of them would have the initiative to get anything done.

Do you seek out the beta men rather than the office boss who are used to get his way?

• (edit, I meant you op, not open)

• Calling yourself strong might count as alpha. If someone already had proved themselves as strong and convinced themselves that they are, they're often unwilling to go back again.

High confidence is also a sign of an alpha.

If a beta sees a strong woman, the dating rules changes for you to reassure that he does have a chance and for him to learn when to assert himself so he won't be your doormat.

• Betas fight; Alphas ignore each other.

What Girls Said 3

• i've been called this and I'm not too sure lol.

only things i can think of:

resilience
    opinionated
    can assume a leadership position
    positive
    hard working

u know, i think it's just about having ur shit together, or at least trying to do that and never giving up.

• People have difference definitions of strength. I think 2 common definitions are

a) balance and well roundedness - this usually involves having poise and confidence and a good sense of boundaries

b) my personal definition is tolerance and resistance to pain. Somebody who can smile at their family members when they are in the hospital. Somebody who can laugh at jokes after being told they have cancer etc..

• Good definitions, thank you

• Usually a guy associates a strong woman as a "bitch"
    Yes I do think that they could get rather intimidated

• Most of the times they aren't even remotely bitchy they're just aggressive and assertive. And I feel as if they do too.

• Then we are on the same page, dear.

• No guy is intimidated by a woman.