Can cuddling be just friendly with the gender you are attracted to?

It seems that a lot of people believe, that you don't just cuddle with a person if you are not attracted to them. Or they think that if you are attracted to that gender (If you are straight, boy and girl or gay the same sex) then one of you must like the other to want to cuddle. Do you believe that is true or do you think it can be just friendly.

I have cuddled with a guy, who said he didn't like me, and just wanted to cuddle. He is straight, but said that sometimes he just wants to cuddle, nothing behind it. Do you think he was telling the truth or did he like me?
Why or why not?

• Cuddling can be just friendly
  • Cuddling can't be just friendly

Most Helpful Guy

• It's going to mean something to one of you and maybe both

• So you think he liked me?

• Good luck

• Thanks, I think I am going to need it.

What Guys Said 6

• Assuming you are talking specifically about cuddling not hugging:
    ... Ish.
    Cuddling can be non-sexual. But it's always intimate.
    And for a lot of people they are only comfortable being that intimate with someone they are sexually attracted to. And a lot of people find that level of intimacy extreamly sexually stimulating, especially if they arnt used to it.

It's possible that he just wants some intimacy because it's missing in his life.

• Sometimes cuddles are just friendly

• I voted A), but I think it is unusual and/or uncommon.

• I wouldn't really want to be all touchy-feely with someone who is `just a friend`, that's just a boundary as if I wanted to have sex with them or something

Then again, some people do do that with friends too, so eh! Maybe the idea of a "relationship" is the most artificial thing here.

• I don't think so. When a couple of people cuddle with each other, it's usually more than friendly. I don't think it's ever just friendly. Your guy probably liked you.

• He wanted to grope you. No guy wants to cuddle with a woman he isn't at least mildly attracted to.

• He never made a move to grope me, and basically just made sure I was comfortable with it. It didn't seem like he was trying to grope me.

• If your as or chest was touching him he was coping a feel not necessarily with his hands

• I think it could just be between friends

What Girls Said 4

• ಠ_ಠ
    Who in their right mind actually considers this to be purely platonic in any sort of way?

www.lovethispic.com/.../65138-Cuddling-Couple.jpg

That's exactly why so many people are confused as to what their relationship status is with another person---whether it's a friendship or a friends with benefits situation or something serious or not. It's dumb. If you're just friends with someone, be just friends and don't bring anything that's even remotely relationship-y into it.

• With my experiences one of my closer guy friends and I have hooked up a couple times, and never really had any strings attached. But it would always feel a little weird to me when he tried cuddling with me. I kind of feel like cuddling should be shared with someone who I'm connected with on a more emotional level. To me it's less awkward. But kudos to the people that can do it with just friends. Cuddling is a definite stress reliever with a loved one.

• I suppose I don't see why cuddling can't be just friendly, although I've never found myself wanting to cuddle with someone I'm not attracted to or interested in.

• As a girl, I love cuddling. I would happily cuddle with a male friend in a completely platonic way.

I think it's different for guys, though. They have a distracting organ sticking out of their bodies which has a mind of its own. I'm not saying guys don't like to or aren't capable of cuddling, but I can't see a guy settling as merely a cuddle buddy and nothing else. He's not gonna just do it (cuddle) with anybody.

It's like the opposite for girls. Girls will usually be down to cuddle with anyone, but we usually only have sex with people we're attracted to or really like.