Why when someone insults me, I'm fine but when someone insults my friends and family, my temper is about to burst?

I don't have temper problems, I've never be in a fight or punched someone. I don't even curse, I have a lot of restraint and people respect me for that. In football, I was never angry but one of my coaches try to get me mad by insulting me so I would play better but then he said something about my family and then I just picked up the running back charging at me and threw him down. Everyone went silent. Am I overprotective or what I am please answer.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's because you have major love and respect for your family. It's like the saying "Messing with me is one thing but messing with my family is another". It's a normal feeling, you care about your family and want to protect them. :) You shouldn't want anyone to insult u either, I'm not saying fight anyone but stick up for yourself as well. :)

What Girls Said 2

• That's really not uncommon. It probably means that you're at a state of stability with your own confidence and mental health, but you are defensive about those who are closest to you and you just don't want to see them hurt. That's totally understandable.

• I'm the same way

What Guys Said 4

• Everyone is like that

• Same case here

• I don't think so. I think maybe you just don't like for people to talk crap about people when they aren't present.

• They say when you love someone us as guys are willing to protect them.