Did The DaVinci Code make you lose faith in Christ?

title says it all

just FYI, i am not a Christian

• yes
  • no
  • i haven't seen the movie because i am terribly ignorant
  • i never believed in Christ
  • i don't have an opinion
i apologize for option C. a little too rude

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol there are a lot of reasons I don't believe in that anymore. Davinci code is nothing but a film xD why would I lose my faith over a film?

• if i may ask, why don't you believe?

• i feel the same way.
      i have read the new testament, and some parts seemed to be missing

• Well the bible to me is nothing more than (sorry if that sounds evil) second hand shit that people in ancient times told each other and that was later chosen to be printed. Nothing more but historical word of mouth. Anybody could come up with something comparable any time.

It is valuable because some of the moral lessons in it though so it's not worthless.

What Guys Said 11

• Yes. I thought to myself "A work of historical fiction that proves exactly what my hunches were all along? Must give up Jesus."

• Lmao! Omg you just stole my answer! You're the best... Just the best

• i know it is fiction, but some parts were convincing
      it is a known truth that people like darwin, newton, da vinci have been tortured by churches, and it is possible that mary magdalene did in fact have a baby with jesus

• I forgive you, you spared me having to find a clever wording :P

• If I read the book, not the movie, am familiar with the holy blood/holy cross source material that's the source for the priory of sion ideas, and am aware of how that hoax was constructed, does that still leave me in the 'ignorant for not seeing the movie' group? I guess probably yes, right?

• of course not

so you know about the priory of sion. do you still believe everything that you know about christianity?

• I ws alredy non religious before I read the book

• why? just... out of curiosity

• Not religious - Goes back to my teens I am not being flippant but the one that always got me is if God is so good why is there suffering and evil.

• No it does not make me lose faith in god.

• Did Communist propaganda ever make an American patriot do not believe in American dream anymore? Same answer for this question.

• Yes, maybe a few Americans can be deceived by those Commie propagandas, but most were not.
      There will be even less Christians to be affected by such a film, because itself is an entertainment.

• touche

• im not terribly ignorant (and not religious either), but i haven't seen the film yet. not for any particular reason.

• I don't belive that jesus is god

• then who is?
      is there a god?

• good point

• no, but proved that god is not knowable. and human nature never really changes.

• please elaborate "human nature never really changes"

• no it doesn't. i just wanted to know your thought- process

• because people don't really change, ever.

but then you seemingly have some kind of asperger's, i don't care if you do.

• you don't have to believe in the authenticity of the Bible to believe in Jesus (peace be upon him) as a messenger of God (not the illogical 3=1, Jesus as the "son" of God stuff, or the "dying for your sins" stuff). You can find confirmation of him being a messenger of God in the Quran. A whole chapter of the Quran is titled "Mary"

• really?

• interesting!
      thank you!

• You're most welcome :)
      Sallam (peace)

• LoL, I'm an atheist anyway...

• The book was entertaining because of the action but repetition doesn't make a suggestion true or even remotely convincing. I didn't see the movie because the driving force behind all the action was ridiculous. The action was okay though.

What Girls Said 5

• I didn't have to read or see the DaVinci code in order to stop having faith in religion. I never had it.

• Other...
    I loved the book and all of Dan Brown's books for that matter.
    Makes you more ignorant to watch the movie and not read the book beforehand... Haha

I'm still a Christina.

• wtf is up with ur option C?

• i assumed that everyone has seen or read it

• It's a story, hence not facts. Didn't make me lose faith in God but rather faith in decent writers.

• Just because someone hasn't seen the movie doesn't mean they are "terribly ignorant" and vice versa