It's been over a month now since I broke through my long depression. What are your recent achievements you're very proud/glad of?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• That is so wonderful to hear! Congratulations and keep going strong. :) I have nothing as major compared to that, but I'm happy that I've gotten back into my old workout routine and am feeling much better as a result.

• Same as you :) even after my depression kinda died down I still had self esteem as low as crap, but nowadays I see myself a lot better than I used to tbh.

• I don't really have any. I guess I lost a pound but I'm not really excited about it for some reason

• Same, thank God. I don't know how it went away but I'm not complaining!

• I lost 40 lb about a year ago =) And I've been keeping it off!

• This is weird. But I'm trying to gain some weight, at least about 42kg would be desirable, I'm currently 38kg. It's like I can easily lose weight without doing anything and it's not healthy. I initially thought it was the hormones and I went to get a check up but the doctor said I was perfectly fine. So yeah..

What Guys Said 6

• Coming out of depression is a huge one - Well done my friend - Similar to you had a bad few years with mental health issues but turned a corner in last two years

• 1. I got my Abitur (= I finished High School?) 3 days ago :D
    2. I reached 85 kg weight... finally. Going for 90 next
    3. I got my squats back to 90kgx5 (took me just like 8 months after my injury)

• Graduating high school unlike my mother and both my grandmothers AND great-grandmothers.

They all graduated with a baby or a child on the way

• Nice pic. I can't really think of anything tbh.

• Depression doesn't ever really go away. You just have spurts. My mom is still depressed, some 20 or so years after her parents passed away. Having all sorts of medical problems, and now a cousin who's about to lose her life to lung cancer. Like I said, depression doesn't really go away, you just have "moments"

• I broke out of my depression of around 7 years about a month ago too. Congrats on your achievement, it's not easy and you should definitely be proud of it.

• Thanks and I'm glad to read that! To be honest I am a little bit scared to fall back into it again, but as things are now I feel like an entirely different person!

• I have the same worries although even if we fell back into it, we now have experience as proof that it can be overcome! :)
      Best of luck to the future my friend.

• Thank you thank you and same to you!