I don't want to do anything? Even moving a little muscle for myself. Am I depressed?

I have been feeling depressed for a long time. seeing my friends on facebook. people seem happy. they are successful &happy.
I feel useless.
I don't want to do anything for myself.
Am i depressed? Should i go to doctor?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't forget, people only post on facebook when they want others to know about it. There are millions of things in those people's lives that they don't post on facebook. Heck, some of them might be feeling the same way you do!

That being said, if you aren't happy with your life, that's not a good sign. I mean, I have no idea why we are here or what the purpose of life is (if there is one), but the fact of the matter is that we ARE here, so we might as well make the best of it.

If you can't manage to make life fun for yourself, then speak to someone who can help you with that.

What Guys Said 5

• Maybe you're depressed, maybe you're on those life phases in which we are unhappy charging too much from ourselves.

I'll tell you a secret: facebook happiness is mostly fake. People would never show their real truth in this - we all have our insecurities and frustations, dear, believe me.

Nevertheless, sometimes, our bodies miss something that a doctor could prescript to help us. Give it a try.

Wish you better days and lighter clouds.

• thank you that is so sweet

• This is just an example of a depression self assessment test usually they say take it an d if you score above a certain level go to a doctor - Take a look at this one, there are loads of others on net too
    http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/depression.aspx

• I would get a professional diagnosis... but it does sound that way

• Should probably stop seeing what your friends are doing and go out and make accomplishments yourself. I would try exercising and then working towards some other goal of yours whether it be career wise or just a hobby, if you attempt to do that but still feel depressed I would see a psychologist.

• You have low energy and that is a sign of depression

What Girls Said 3

• Yea visit a doctor.
    Don't stay home/in your room all the time.
    Don't listen to depressing songs.
    Don't imagine depressing scenes in your head.
    Go out with friends more.
    Exercise.

• Go out for a walk, it usually helps. I feel that way sometimes. Exploring new places did me some good.

• Na you're just lazy