Do you agree that Republican presidential nominees would be doing themselves a favor by saying "yeah, I think they should take confederate flag down"?

My dad, a hardcore liberarl thinks republican nominees would be doing themselves a favor by saying "I think South Carolina should remove the confederate flag". Instead, they went on to say things like "well it's up to the people of the state". They're pandering basically

liberal*

Most Helpful Guy

• No, they would be shooting themselves in the foot by looking anti freedom. It is freedom of speech just like burning the American flag is a freedom of speech. Supporting freedom of speech means supporting the rights of everyone including those you disagree with.

• Did you watch the very beginning of Larry Wilmores show on Comedy Central last night. If you didn't, you should check it out

• No I didn't watch it. I have never even heard of that show. Freedom of speech often means that people will say things that you find extremely offensive. We can not have both freedom of speech, and a right not to be offended. The two beliefs are simply incompatible. Besides someone is always going to be offended no matter what we do.

What Girls Said 2

• It is up to the state. Taking it down won't stop the bullshit though.

• Yea. Of course. The majority of people note want the flag down. Best not to disagree with the masses when you're campaigning.

What Guys Said 4

• It would be a hard sell to any republican canditate they probably prefer to sit on the fence because it is the path of least resistance for them.

• No, because liberals still won't like them and if they chastise the South then they will lose a lot of their support, which means they have no support anymore.

• Yeah, probably. :p

• Nope they wouldn't. Why can a bunch of students burn an American Flag and they are upset with society but a craze gun man has a confederate flag and "obviously" it was the sole motivation for his actions. Also "well its up to the people of the state" is the right way to go about it. State's rights is really the principal of the Republican Party.