I dont date really good looking guys?

is it weird that whenever i see a really attractive guy or a "pretty boy", i automaticlly disregard them as potential dating partners?

I have a tendency to do pretty much all the time, on dating apps, people i meet irl, yeah you name it.

And even if i just see a really hot guy I dont give him any attentiom because i know he gets a lot of attention from girls, so i dont see "the point" of giving him any attention..

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think this is weird at all actually. It seems most girls in our age group automatically assume guys they find attractive are "players" or "assholes", so ironically, they ignore these guys and go after a guy they find less attractive. All in all, any guy has a potential to be a player.

The problem with this thinking, is beauty is subjective. A girl might see a guy she finds a 10/10 in looks but her friend might think he's a 5/10. Another issue I have with this line of thinking is men are not put up to standards on their looks, where as women are, so it's ignorant to think that "Good looking" men are man-whores in the first place.

I'm not assuming this is the reason you do this though. You said it's because they get a lot of attention from girls? How do you know this? It depends on the guy. I went to school with a guy in high school, who was ripped solid (muscle) and had the "chiseled" jaw look and he didn't have his first girlfriend (or lose his virginity) until he was 22. And it wasn't by choice either, he would actually get REJECTED (I don't know why though.)

I know one thing: When I see a girl I find REALLY good looking, I always approach her!

• well i dont know if the guy gets a lot of attention, its only based on things imagine in my head lol. And thats good to know actually! i wish i had your confidence

What Guys Said 10

• well why do you do that? what is the root cause?

• i dont know.. maybe i know they won't go for me because there is more attractive and interesting women out there... in addition i get very nervous around very attractive people.. so i dont know.. maybe it triggers something

• I know this is a thing... but it's just silly to base assumptions on somebody's behaviour or reaction towards oneself just by determining his/her "attractiveness". If you find him/her attractive and you are in need of a relationship then you should be able to speak to him/her like any normal human would :)

• You do whatever you are comfortable with

• I do the same thing.. Whenever I see a super hot girl on Tinder I don't bother. I go for the average looking girls. But even then I don't get that much luck 😂

• Ahhh, I wouldn't really say it's a bad thing that you disregard them, but you never know that your husband can be the next guy you avoid! :)

• Common enough.

• do you do this with girls? or with guys?

• You aren't the only one, most people do that.

• You are clearly insecure

• i know... if i wasn't i would have approached guy all day long..

• no it isn't.. and im not shy, im just insecure

• Both of those emotions stem from the same thing. If you want a confident man then he can't be insecure, right? That is the definition of confident. Yet, you are equally insecure.

• That is cool... ;)

• I sometimes feel the same about really good looking girls

What Girls Said 3

• This is common, especially among Asians. Most of the Asians I know go for less then perfect LOOKING guys cause they want somebody that is easy to keep. My parents always say, you can't have everything. If you want a smart girl, you might have to find one with a bad personality. If you want a good personality, you might have to date an ugly girl and if you want a good looking girl you might have to find one that is fairly stupid. You can't have all the traits you want in a guy or girl. If you want somebody who is easier to keep - he might be less attractive then somebody all the girls want.

• True! But Sometimes I can't help but feel like im "settling" If I date a guy im not really attracted to..

• Well guys don't give me attention so I don't push them away.
    I very rarely ever approach anyone because I know they'll say no, so I just sit there. Though I've only ever really been approached once, so I have to do the chasing most the time. But with most people I just sit there and quit whether they're hot or not

• According to pretty much any guy, if a girl approaches a guy the chances of him rejecting her, even if she's not "hot", is very low... i dont know if i do belive that, but i guess its worth a shot

• I do that too... and a lot of times i feel like thats the reason im still single.. haha

• Yeah I just kind of have up. It's just hard trying a lot so I took a break from trying.

• Ironically I only do this with really good looking white men, and I'm not sure why. Any good looking men of other races (black, hispanic, Asian, other) I still give attention to, but it's probably because they usually give attention back. Really good looking white men tend to ignore every female in the area so I've stopped trying.

• i pretty much do it with any type of guy... and by the way that sounds like it sucks