How to stop this feeling of anxiety?

hey! So if you read some of my other posts related to , you'd see that I had intrusive thoughts related to my favourite sport (hockey ) over the last couple weeks due to someone i felt uncomfortable around, either touching my hockey related stuff or liking it. I FINALLY got over that and was happy and all until like 3-4 days ago. Now I have compulsions and this time, the anxiety is caused by the fear of not feeling the "love' i always had for the sport so I make sure i don't touch people i'm not comfortable with or have then see stuff related to hockey because i feel like it'll make me not like the sport. It's really stupid because i control my own emotions, but every time I look at or think of something hockey related, my head hurts cause i think about t whether the feelings I have for the sport are still there. I really need help ! The mental stop sign for intrusive thoughts, won't work anymore :( I need this to end by like Tuesday because my own hockey season starts and i don't want to play with a headache and the anxiety of not being able to 'love' the sport. It's also a pain to spend a day like this at school because my head hurts and yeah it's just horrible. i feel like my intrusive thoughts came back and i can't manage them , due to hormonal imbalance caused by my period *<--edit out please * . Is there anything i could do to get over this? because the anxiety is over something stupid and it's really annoying.

Most Helpful Guy

• It does not sound Stupid, it does however sound like you have a real problem and should get some professional help. At your age, these feelings are not normal. You have taken the first step by recognizing the problem. The next step is to do something about it.

• My mom won't let me because she says it'll go on my record *sighs*. These feelings won't be permanent though, right? Like, I know I like hockey but my brain keeps making me think of something I don't want to think about. That doesn't mean I'll always feel like this, right?

I'm still watching the NHL awards though, even if I have a headache from it :)

• Try talking to your mom very blount and to the point. Don't beat around the bish. She is right, it will go on a "Permanant Record" but if it is what you need, who vares. I mean would you not get a blood transfusion if you needed it because it would go on record and keep you out of the millitary?

What Guys Said 4

• if this sport makes u feel dat bad then i guess it'd b better to take a hiatus from hockey... guess there's no better choice :|

• I would tell your family about how you feel and see do they have any advice

• Aside from medication you could try meditation, imagery, and affirmations.

• I had the same thing happen with me and baseball. I stopped loving the game i loved all my life. It was mostly because of pressure i was feeling from the sport. I went to a sports psychologist and it could not have gone better. She made me look at the good side of the sport and brought me back to how i have always felt about it. See if you can go see a psychologist and as mine did they will help you come up with ways to turn that anxiety into love for the game. Peace.

What Girls Said 0