Does anyone else dislike feminists?

When you answer, don't be hateful towards any gender.
My personal take is that I believe there are very obvious differences between men and women. I do not believe we are equal. But I do not feel like I'm at a disadvantage to men at all and I feel like equality has been achieved. I see the current feminist movement as a whole, and I simply cannot be a part of what's happening. I consider myself an egalitarian, which means I see all people as equal (people, not gender).

So if you dislike feminism, let me know why. If you are a feminist, tell me what you get from it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Men and women are different. Exceptions prove the rule. Being a man and being a woman both has advantages and disadvantages. Water is wet. The sky is blue. Feminists are fighting windmills.

• Well said. I find feminism to be more full of hate than "equality". I don't see the point of fighting for equal rights when I already have them lol. Silly.

• Well, it's easier to make everyone else accountable for your own shortcomings than blaming yourself and take responsibility for it.
      Unfortunately they cause more harm with it than good by pretty much socially segregating men and women as well as corrupting the beauty of masculinity and femininity.

• I have written a partly related MyTake to it - feel free to read it.

What Guys Said 5

• Well i think there is still a lot of cultures that believe women are not even par lets say, however i would agree that men and women are different and each have qualities that are more natural to either man/ women.
    I love your question by the way its a real good one indeed

• If we are talking about feminist pushing for gender equility, I have no problem with them and I actively support gender equility. If we are talking about the kind of "feminist" who engage in men bashing and sexism. I can't stand them and I hope one day they all grow up. Because their actions are childish.

• Do you really believe women are at a disadvantage to men?
      Think about it. Domestic abuse, women have the advantage. Child support, women have the advtantage. Assault, women have the advantage.

There are more homeless women's shelters and resources than for men.

Also, resources for battered men are scarce.

• I think eqalitarian is a good word.

• Feminazis. If you cross into that line, then that's where I draw the line. I'm a feminist myself, and I'm a freaking guy. It's like politics. Too far to the right, crazy, too far to the left, crazy, you want to be jussssttt right, not a feminazi

• I don't see the point of feminism... what more do feminists want? The wage gap has been debunked already.

• How can feminists of america fight for women of another country. With completely different cultures. I'm talking only about America. Women in one country fighting for others in another and interfering in their affairs is just... well... silly. Let's keep this discussion rational and on a small scale by minimizing it to just 'merica

• Americas women have their problems and so do the Middle East, China etc it's all around the world hun

• I am for equality, but feminists take it to far

What Girls Said 5

• I don't dislike feminists. I do dislike people who misrepresent facts though.

I think we have some serious work to do on the road to equality though.

- On average 3 women die *a day* in the United States alone due to domestic violence.
    - Toxic masculinity is a contributing factor to a consistently higher suicide rate among men.

That's two very, very good reasons to work toward change right there.

• I am not enamored with the rhetoric of the extreme left feminist movement in America. It seems the feminist politicians are all far far left. They do not speak for me.

• I dislike feminism because feminists say it is for equal rights for men and women but if that were the case they should actually help men and not just say they do and they should also call themselves equalists because the name in itself speaks a lot for what it is really about.

• I don't understand your statement "Ibelieve there is an obvious difference between men and women", but then say "idiot see people as gender I see people as people." That doesn't make sense? Not trying to be rude I just don't understand.
    I love feminists and I love feminism. I however don't like misandrists

• I completely agree with your definition. I don't consider myself to be a feminist.