Opinion on a black woman that only wants mixed kids because they're prettier and have an easier life?

what do you think of that? my friend thinks this way.
she struggled with being black and doesn't want her kids to go through the same thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• hmmm, many Filipinos have this type of thinking. But it's mainly because they have colonial mentality and nice jobs and prospects are hard to come by if you are not on the lighter side.

But if you're in the US, I don't know why you're friend would think this way. It's not a feudal system.

• The US is more influenced by societies standard of "beauty" or "success". Black women are considered "ghetto", "stupid", "loud", and many other insulting words.

I, as a Black woman, do think this way. Mixed babies are beautiful, no matter what they are mixed with. I only have an attraction to white men, therefore there is a great percentage that I will have mixed kids.

Being black is a challenge, and I would not want my kids to deal with the struggles I have gone through.

• Even though your belief may seem logical Ill have to disagree with you on your opinion. Mixed children go through as much struggle as the next black person. for example. lets say you have your mixed baby. she/he is barely starting middle school. around that age most struggle to choose which side they are. If he/shes lighter then her black friends then there's going to be a lot of judgement thinking that she is better which leads to bullying. if he or she has white friends then he/shes still going to be considered black and more bullying. its not any different. I know how it feels.

What Guys Said 10

• Whats with this mixed kids are cute. Yeah maybe when they are one to eoght but have you seen mixed guys when they are older. Most or fucking ugly. Besides, no one cares if your black. there's only that small percentage of white people who care, the fast majority of ua give no fucks. Color of your skin means NOTHING.

• That is a very extreme thought process

• Are you that same girl that was mad at her cousin or sister because she's light skinned and got guys easier?

• ... That's a pretty silly reason.

• Please don't reproduce.

• That's understandable

• I think its ignorant to base everything on skin color.

• That's what society want to keep us thinking about. It's like tearing the scab of a wound, only it never heals.

• I feel like 80% of the time when I get hit on by black women it's because of this.

• It is funny because some white women are having mixed kids which will have it harder than white, including because black fathers dont marry and leave the women as sinlgle moms.

• yeah i know, but most white guys dont leave.

• They don't. Black female and white male has the lowest divorce rate of all race combinations. Interestingly enough, black male and white female have the highest divorce rate.

• Fucking ignorant.

What Girls Said 11

• I feel bad for her because she seems to be letting her past get in the way. But that doesn't even mean that her kids won't be ridiculed. There was a woman on a reality show who said that she was still ridiculed while being mixed. Some mixed people have had it hard because some black people didn't accept them nor did the white. So they felt stranded.

Finally, it sounds as dumb as my sister not wanting to have a "girl" child because of the issues with our hair. Yes, it's annoying and frustrating to deal with... which I don't do much. I would rather spend money having someone do it for me than to do it myself so I can understand what my sister is saying. But what can you do but love your child?

• I have never cared if my kids looked like me, so that doesn't matter. I honestly don't care what my kids look like because I'll still love them but I don't want them to look like me. I love dark skin and people with very "black" features but I've grown up that way and it's affected me a lot on my life and obviously I want them to have a better life than I had so I don't want them to face the same problem.
    I hope they look like my sister because she has light skin and light hair and I know people like those sort of things so to make life easier I hope that's how things work out., so not necessarily that they're mixed but instead that they're attractive to the masses. Over all I don't care I just want them to have fun and not worry about the self image things I worried about.

• To be honest, that is kind of sad. Black people have it bad. Mixed people have it bad. White people, Hispanic, Asians, etc. Women and men who are black, darker skinned are absolutely beautiful. I love dark skin, it's just amazing to me. I wish everyone could see the beauty of that. I do see her point because she thinks they'll have a better life but that isn't always guaranteed. They'll either be "too white" for black people or "too black" for white people or they'll fit in perfectly fine. All races no matter what are going to have it bad one way or another. At least it's a better reason than wanting mixed babies fo is their good hair.

• she wants them for the hair also lol she has hard to manage hair and her mom complained about her hair growing up

• same with black girl hair lol

• No black girl hair is a lot of work too, mixed hair is too. It just reminds me of a needy girl lol

• That's just sad. Unfortunately I know people who think this way.
    Your friend has serious issues. She hates herself for something she can't control and she probably will pass those sick ideas to her children.
    She needs help.

• I think it's horrible. I can understand your friends thought process but at the same time, black people don't always constantly get put in bad situations. I'm black and I faced racism and prejudice but I'm still okay. I feel like your friend has made an excuse. She probably thinks that mixed children look better, children are not pets or decorations. Yet I'm not her so I don't know what's actually going on.

• I agree that in the U. S, it's definitely easier being mixed then being black.

Your friend should work through all issues. Or she'll pass that hatred to whomever she mothers.

• I don't blame her but the way genes are setup at least one of her kids will end up with her skin tone anyways

• Your friend has serious issues.

• I have a friend who says the exact same thing, I think it's alright.

• That's sad. I wish society wasn't so ugly to the point where it made her feel like she was ugly.

• I'm also black and there is a thought among our race that lighter skinned people are more attractive, popular, or just better in general. They really don't have an easier life though because to every other race, a lighter skinned person is still black. Just look at Obama, who ever calls him half white?

• some mixed kids come out looking white, or Spanish looking. but yeah obama looks just like a light skinned black guy to me

• That's true, but there are very few that can easily pass as white. I've never met one in real life but I've seen a couple on TV, like the rapper Logic for instance.

• Obama isn't full black, his mother's name is Ann Dunham who's caucasion.
      static01.nyt.com/.../mag-24Obama-4-popup.jpg

Yes, there are light skinned blacks but Obamba is bi racial. Plenty of bi racial blacks look full because black genes are more dominat.