What do you think of this idea I picked up from religious christians many years ago?

Every person that I know who found a good and meaningful relationship told me they weren't looking for love when they found it. The bible says seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you. In other words - if you want to improve your chances of finding a good husband or wife you should avoid looking for a husband or wife altogether and focus instead of serving God, being a good person, and treat people with kindness and goodness. These things will bring the right person to you but focusing too much on finding the perfect relationship will actually drive the man or woman you desire further away from you.

So it goes like this: chase after the love of God - find the man of your dreams
Chase after the man or woman of your dreams - lose any hope of having a meaningful relationship that benefits you long term.

Do you agree or disagree withtghis?

Most Helpful Guy

• It worked for my grandfather, and his friends down the block. You are less likely to see cheating in a marriage between devout Christian's. As marriage seen as convent with God in Christiany. Only two reasons to divorce in a christian marriage. Cheating and abandonment by a spouse.

What Guys Said 5

• Well, I personally try not to impose any religious belief in an opinion, but hard not to here. I think you are on the right track as far as seeking out a relationship. But as far as seeking the love of God, I will keep my opinion to myself. Any time we as a human race focus on something, everything else becomes blurry, this happens to finely tune in to what we are focusing on. When focused on finding a relationship, often we will completely miss what is right in front of us. So, I guess I agree with the result of your thought process, but not necessarily the method to the ends

• I disagree - I have no time for religion

• No not in terms of religion or GOD having anything to do with it. I do however believe in the law of attraction so by focusing on bettering yourself and being a good person you will bring someone to you with those qaulities

• I don't agree with this part

"... Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and asses." (1 Samuel 15:2-3 NAB)

• One: God doesn't exist.

Two: if you want something, you have to go out and get it. Things don't just come to you.

Three: Not being needy or desperate is what earned the people you know their success. When you aren't emotionally compromised, it's easier to behave effectively.

This is one of many problems I have with religious thought--it encourages laziness and lack of personal agency. Smfh

What Girls Said 2

• Disagree because I know so many non Christian people who have found meaningful relationships and love. Example one, myself.

• If you're being yourself, then you will attract someone who is right for you. But try not to let religion distort who you are - that's a real turn-off!