What is your opinion on the whole Caitlyn (Bruce) Jenner thing?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the biggest issue - and why there is so much aversion to it - is that it gets shoved down peoples throat that it is something normal while there are several people disagreeing with. In the example of Bruce Jenner it would be him getting some sort of medal for it. That's simply ridiculous.

Now why do people bully? They bully the weakest link. That's very often transgenders as even the transitioned ones have ridiculously high suicide rates which can't be explained only with bullying. To some extent humans are still animals who operate in hierachies with people on the top and on the bottom.
    Needless to say that active bullying is wrong, but one should be allowed to disagree with it and state that disagreement.

To transgender itself: I, and quite a few others, think it is not something normal, but a mental disorder. The mentioned huge suicide rates among transitioned transgender surely have partly to do with the discrimination, but even more so with these people being mentally ill.

These people suffer from an identity disorder and being someone else, at least physically, seems for them to be the easy way out. It's the mindset of the grass is always greener on the other side.
    It is the futile attempt of being different than who you are already on a biological basis. Reality though is that you are either a man or a woman - bar the few exceptions who have XXY or XYY chromosome and some other rare genetical mutations. You are a man or a woman and no amount of useless rhetoric, hormones and genital mutiliation will change that

Being biologically a man or a woman doesn't mean that all men display only masculine and all women display only feminine behaviour. That there are grey zones inbetween should be common sense.

The problem these days though is that people demand they are whatever gender they wish to be, including tons of made up genders (i. e. otherkins and the likes). This has nothing to do with being mentally healthy, but is at best attention-seeking and at worst a serious mental issue based on self-hate, lacking grasp of reality, cognitive dissonances and/or body integrity identity disorder imbedded in the hope that their mental health becomes better upon reaching the other side.

And in all honesty, for most TGs you can still see the men and it's offputting to a lot of people. Just that barely anyone dares to speak it out, because political correctness is the modern way of censorship and the majority of people are nice enough to not say it.

What Guys Said 28

• 1. THIS is why media throws the story cause we talk about it much more than those involved (incl their family) themselves :)
    2. Why did she pose for magazines - cause you talk about it, it sells. In which case nothing wrong with that cause you want to read and talk about it :)
    3. Why am I referring to Caitlyn as 'she' cause she wanted to be a woman & I respect a human being's individuality and wishes
    4. If nature didn't allow it even science couldn't have done it
    5. We humans are the same who executed / killed people who said the earth was round & similar / varied things upon a point of time - this shows the average human's ability to perceive :)
    6. Write anything that doesn't go well with a lot of people's fixated and strong opinions, they'll spew venom at you that again is a display of insecurity
    7. I go with everyone who says 'live and let live' while adding that 'respect an individual's decision so long as it doesn't harm / hurt others'

• Caitlyn Jenner is a woman who should be treated with respect. I as a transgender man am fully supportive of transgender rights.

I will say that, the way media is portraying her is possibly harming, or just perpetuating, the view of transgender women as needing to look like a certain ideal (looking at her vanity fair cover) to really be 'women'. There are many transgender women who never have surgery or take hormones or even wear makeup, just as there are many transgender men who never take such steps to transition, and it is very hard for many people to realize that a transgender person doesn't need to fit into society's ideals of what it means to be 'male' or 'female' to be that gender.

• My opinions? Well first off, I thought we were done with her. Second, she's a transsexual female. Nothing wrong with that. Shit I am. What I do, what other transsexuals do, and what Caitlyn Jenner does is none of you peoples business. If your irrelevant asses can't find anything better to do in your lives than go around in other peoples lives and tell THEM how to live their lives, then GET A LIFE.

Seriously, at the end of the day you aren't the person sleeping in that bed, you aren't the person waking up, and you aren't the person going around life feeling like shit. So if it isn't you, then stop making it a you problem and back the hell off.

• Awesome, we need more people like you around :) proof that age hasn't anything to do with maturity :) kudos

• Hey, thanks. Unfortunately, lifes been a bitch to me though. So I was forced to grow up a bit early but it also gave me a different perspective with life.

• I could care less what she does. If someone wants to change their gender, I say allow them. It's their life, their choice. I don't understand why people are so judgmental.

Now, I will say, I think Bruce changed to Caitlyn as more of a publicity stunt than anything. There are some transgenders who do it for themselves but I don't think Caitlyn was one of them. I think she wanted attention and knew it would be a public hit.

• If she's about her transformation, then why do people have to criticize her about it? She can be whatever she wants

• People should let others live the life they want
    providing it's all within legal rights and i see nothing
    wrong with Caityn (Bruce) Jenner

• I'm really tired of hearing about it, who gives a flying fuck, if that's what he wants, fine, leave him be, but every news station, tv show and Hollywood tabloid is beating it to death. My opinion? Just stop talking about it, it's not that big of a deal, and besides old Brucy's not the first dude to turn female so it's not exactly a newsworthy feat of medical prowess.

• My opinion is: If somebody wants to get their dick chopped off and get breast implants, let em be. It doesn't effect my life one way or another.

• It's all a publicity stunt.

• Fraud.

He's not having surgery to transition. I realize that other trans people opt not to have surgery, but given the fact that this is a Kardashian relative and some statements he made about fame when he was younger, I don't think he's really transgender, just creating a media circus. I suspect one day when their show is cancelled, he'll quietly return to living as a man.

• I never heard of her actually

• Don't give a shit.

• Live and let live

• I heard from someone on here that he/she is going to keep his penis, that makes him a cross dresser not transsexual

• Some guy went mental due to lack of attention.

• I think putting pictures of him everywhere should be against the law. Aren't there obscenity laws for this very reason?

• Yay he gets to be who he/she wants to be its really nothing new now can we (the media/america) move on to something else

• I will defer to the experts at the WHO.

• he's transgender, nothing more than that.

• That im sick of hearing about it.

• Ehh just another gay coming out nothing new

• why is it so front page? why are people drawing inspiration from this? akon just donated a shit load of money to provide solar panels for africa which will provide power for millions. society is fucked. also i thinkg LGBT is wrong

• Your a little late of your question lol.

• Stfu about that shit

• Couldn't care less

• Having voted to have more courage than the amputee war veteran. Is bullshit.

• Like one of the girls said: PROPAGANDA

• People should move on with their life

What Girls Said 21

• It's fine and none of my business. It will be his issue to deal with with friends and family, and any future partner he has. If I ever meet him one day, I would tell him I think his coming out as a transgender was a big help for the community who still try and hide, and for that I think he's done a great service.

I also think she makes a lovely woman. Most women are so insecure these days and piss and moan about stupid things. They worry about things they can't change and try changing what they can for all the wrong reasons. Caitlyn Jenner knows who she is and is proud of it. She's secure, happy, and glows with inner beauty now. If only more biological women could follow her lead! How she feels about herself, enjoying all the aspects of being a woman is so beautiful to see. All this joy she has of being a woman is there for a 65 year old man to finally obtain. Women are women their whole lives and never truly appreciate it the way Caitlyn Jenner has.

• What is there to have an opinion about? It isn't my life

• my opinion with the whole Catlin Jenner thing is that what Bruce dis was the right thing. Catlin knew when she was a man that she didn't feel like she was apart of the puzzle and the puzzle is the world. Catlin felt so out of place being a man and knew that she had to change genders if she wanted to feel complete as a person.

• I honestly in my opinion think that it's wrong. I'm a Christian so I believe that transgender people are basically saying that our perfect God made a mistake. He doesn't make any mistakes. Everything happens for a reason and everyone is here on earth for a reason. Now with that I do respect other people's opinion but I just think that wrong to be blinded by something like this.

• I think that he has the right to use or abuse his own body in any way he sees fit... provided he is not harming others in the process, of course. And I am at a loss as to why people think this is such a big deal. People transition every day.

• Who cares?

... That's my opinion. There are bigger things to worry about.

• I loved him so I love her even. The way that I think about it, it's like someone telling you not to eat chips. But you really want to eat chips. And then you go all the way up to your 60s not eating chips. So what do you do? Die without eating chips? No. You start eating fuckin chips! Life's too short for regrets!

• I think she's so brave and I have nothing much admiration for her

• she's happy and I don't care
    Its not really important

• I won't look at the other opinions for the sake of my mental health. Just came here to say it's *Caitlyn Jenner. There's no Bruce in it.

• I don't care. Trans people are awesome just like everyone else

• Don't care at all

• What if you really did something wrong and knew it?

• I'm still gonna call him bruce

• If it makes her happy then that's her decision and it's her life. I think people are going overboard with the whole thing and should just leave her be. I don't really see anything wrong with it since she isn't hurting anyone.

• I don't want to hear or read about that human again!

• I think she is beautiful and happy she is being true to herself. Fuck what anyone else thinks.

• I think it's creepy and weird

• I know so many people are against it. But I personally support bisexuals, gays, lesbians, transgenders... anyone! Yes, I feel like if she believes that is what she wants to be and that makes her happy, then to go for it. The only thing that I am against is that she said she did not want much attention at the beginning but then after the surgery, she did a huge photoshoot. But other than that, I support her.

• Want my opinion? well put it this way...
    They say Bruce Jenner is just being "himself" but if he was just being himself he would man not a women. Bruce turning into a man, is him wanting to be something that he is not. Another thing is,
    if you saw a tranny walking on the street would you honestly say "he is being himself" or "oh I'm so proud there beautiful" I mean come on; a child would even know there is something wrong they would say "what's wrong with him or he looks funny".

• Propaganda.