Losing friends bc of another race? Uncalled for right?

Through middle school I didn't really communicate with white people until I became bestfriends with one, after that I seen them as better people. I'm black by the way. When I started hanging with them I noticed I was losing way more black friends Maybe it was because of that I don't know and idc BUT when I tried an interracial relationship it seemed as if black guys didn't hit on me anymore and It seemed like only white guys were giving me attention.. Is this only because I'm around majority of white ppl?

Most Helpful Guy

• Blacks can be as racist as whites and it sounds quite racistically oriented.

That being said, can you blame them in a culture where whites are made responsible for literally everything outside of the indivdual? It's easier to blame others for your hardships in life than yourself and thus especially among the black communities whites are often made into the culprit for wrongdoings of past generations.

Let them be though. You really don't want to have "friends" like this. I know it is harsh, but by this you can see which are true friends and which aren't. A true friend might still mention he doesn't like your white friend, but he will not abandon you because of it.

Other than that. Stay truthful to yourself and not to what others think and/or expect of you. Life will get a lot easier when you gather the strength to move your own way - even though the first steps on that path are quite difficult to take.

• Thank you so much:)

• I hope that makes more sense now.

• Well thanks again, it helped. :)

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah. Just have to leave those behind. Some whites do the same thing. And I know from personal experience that not all blacks are like that. You have some of that in every race, nationality, culture and ethnicity. You guys are young and that explains some of this behavior. There's hope. Just wait until you start getting this as an adult from adults. But you learn that those that limit themselves and can't keep up are left behind. Oh well. But I would caution against assuming this happens only among blacks. Hardly. Ignorant stupidity is an equal opportunity human condition. I'll bet some of your white friends lost friends by being friends with you. I'm white and have an obsession for Asian girls. Imagine some of the stupid crap i get for that! I've always wondered why anyone would give a crap who I date? How does it affect them? It doesn't, does it? No! Same in your case. Leave em behind. It's the eat the human race is going. You're just a bit ahead of the game. Keep going forward. Don't look back.

• You're right! Thanks :)

• those black friends u lost were just racistic towards whites... there's no need 2 think bout such people ;)

• Someone who picks friends by race is not a true friend

What Girls Said 2

• Only an idiot would dump a friend because they choose to be friendly with those of another ethnicity.

Maybe the white guys starting hitting on you because they knew you better then. Maybe the black guys backed off because they got girlfriends or thought you liked another guy (white or black)

However, if the guy backed off because you decided to associate with white people, then who gives a fudge about them in the first place.

• It definitely is but they need to get over it.