What do you think of the corruption America is facing with cops?

so if you go online to news stations and reliable sources you see over and over and over racial profiling and cops killing unarmed cuffed people who aren't struggling by choking beating and shooting them to death. we are supposed to trust these cops and yet they will come after us and kill us for no reason or because of our race. its not fair. this body camera is the best thing weve ever done because now we can watch them in the act but its so terrible. what do you think?

to those of you saying the media exaggerates things. the media cannot make video proof that the cops are in the wrong exaggerated. its not possible. im talking video proof here not theory.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not American, but I'm a cop. I have had many bad experiences with fellow coworkers doing wrong things. One of them offered me money to not say anything, I refused, he got mad an tried to use his handgun. I did what I had to do, I beat the crap out of him.

• you go girl!!! i am proud of you!~!!

• It never reached the media, because they knew it was going to be bad. After that event I was tranferred to a special unit.

• Since I'm only 18 I was only allowed to do desk job, although sometimes I went on patrols to learn. But when that happened, and one of the special tactics unit leaders knew about it, she asked for me to be transferred to her unit. If not for her I'd be jobless right now.

What Girls Said 1

• There are corrupt cops in every country. It's just televised in America mostly. I do still believe there are good cops.

Yes, I do think body cameras are awesome.

What Guys Said 18

• They don't necessarily show that there is corruption in many videos. In fact most of those videos are cut in very specific ways to give very specific impressions. Sure it may be true, but its a half truth which is actually worse. I saw the full set of still shots of a police officer at a pool party, where he pulls a gun on an unarmed teen, the parts that the media didn't show was that the guy was coming up beside the police officer just within his periferal vision and put his hand behind his back, the police officer then quickly drew his gun on the guy believeing he was reaching for a weapon the guy ran off the police officer asked for a fellow cop to chase the guy and then reholsterd his gun. He is trained to do that because he doesn't know if someone is going to start shooting or not so its better to be prepared. Yet they cut out the first part and the last part making it seem like he was just randomly brandishing his gun. There is corruption, but its as much media as cops.

• Well for one the media exaggerates and riles people up quite a bit, and it really depends on the area, city or town my area there is little corruption and the cops are actually highly respected but in say the city an hour from here it is a lot worse. Corruption is nothing new though is happens in quite literally every country and in their police forces the only difference is that in this digital age, stuff gets recorded and shown easier. And as @hellionthesage a lot of these videos are cut and or altered to show specific impressions and not show the entire story of what happened and only a small percentage of the US law enforcement are corrupt.

• Very true, plus as people we tend to fixate on negatives. You don't notice the cop you don't interact with every day, you do notice the one that is seemingly bad that you interacted with once though.

• Glad they made the body Cam it'll get rid of those crooked cops over time or at least they will start acting right

• A tiny fraction of a percentage of cops are doing things like this. The rest of them - there's close to a million and a half cops in the US - are out there doing a mostly thankless job dealing with unbelievably bad situations every day so the rest of society can live a safe and normal life.

The incidents are terrible, but they are isolated incidents.

• It's always been corrupt. It's just modern times with everyone recording shit and putting it on youtube that we now see it exposed more often.

• but most cops are good. only like 1 percent is bad.

the people are fucked up to so it breeds these paranoid over reacting cops. think about it... patrolling a ghetto hood where everyone hates you and is armed.

wuould you risk a higher chance by giving them a benifit of the doubt? no. you have family to go back to and its a job.

i understand both sides and people often are messed up too.

• yes i would and I've gotten jumped and knives pulled on me many times. i always give people the benefit of the doubt. you do not shoot and ask questions later. its wrong. esp when they havnt done anything and aren't armed.

• There are bad cops out there, yes but it's also the publics fault as well. Our views on them are impossible because we demand they act like robots and not humans and be perfect in every way yet we treat them like they are the lowest of the trash at the same time. We tell them to treat us like decent human beings but we refuse to give them the same courtesy. That creates pressure on them and then more mistakes happen.

• I think that if people didn't want to get in trouble with the cops then they shouldn't commit crimes. accidents happen and what makes it worse is when people only show you half of the story, and then jump to conclusion. now cops all over the country are afraid to do their jobs because they think they will be branded killers and racist

• but these people are not commiting crimes there being brought in for no reason and killed with no reason being done. its beyond retarded.

• all the ones I have heard they were in the process of committing a crime

• There's corruption everywhere specially with cops.. Just recently the cops closed my case when someone hit my car parked on a drive way simply because it happened in a private property...

• Yeah Body cameras are needed big time

• I'm not American but I'm sure that cops there aren't as corrupt as cops here where I live.

• Why I think there are corrupt cops in America, the media exaggerates everything. Those reliable sources tend to tell every story in the darkest light possible. Don't get me wrong, the shit definitely happens, but no where near as much as the media portrays it to be.

• I think it is universal things , the cops here sold drugs after they put the dealer behind jail lol

• Well if one third of them are criminals it seems justified.

• [Ice Cube]
    Fuck the police comin straight from the underground
    A young nigga got it bad cause I'm brown
    And not the other color so police think
    they have the authority to kill a minority
    Fuck that shit, cause I ain't the one
    for a punk motherfucker with a badge and a gun
    to be beatin on, and thrown in jail
    We can go toe to toe in the middle of a cell
    Fuckin with me cause I'm a teenager
    with a little bit of gold and a pager
    Searchin my car, lookin for the product
    Thinkin every nigga is sellin narcotics
    You'd rather see, me in the pen
    than me and Lorenzo rollin in a Benz-o
    Beat a police out of shape
    and when I'm finished, bring the yellow tape
    To tape off the scene of the slaughter
    Still gettin swoll off bread and water
    I don't know if they fags or what
    Search a nigga down, and grabbin his nuts
    And on the other hand, without a gun they can't get none
    But don't let it be a black and a white one
    Cause they'll slam ya down to the street top
    Black police showin out for the white cop
    Ice Cube will swarm
    on ANY motherfucker in a blue uniform
    Just cause I'm from, the CPT
    Ounk police are afraid of me!
    HUH, a young nigga on the warpath
    And when I'm finished, it's gonna be a bloodbath
    of cops, dyin in L. A.
    Yo Dre, I got somethin to say

[cut and scratched x4] "Fuck the police"

• Why not just obey the law, get a job, get an education, get a carrer, and take ownership for your actions? by the way you don't suppose abortion has anything to do with the blacks being minorities?

• Doesn't justify murder.

• what you wear doesn't justify murder. i could be wearing a fuck america 9/11 shirt and they still shouldn't shoot me.

• There's more of criminal problem and people supporting those criminals. Then the media overblowing it because it sells.
    It's not a corruption issue.

When you become a legitimate adult, I'd hope you wouldn't say such things.

• i am a legitimate adult thank you very much. what about the entire police department recently that got shut down for racial profiling and raided by the FBI for it. what about the tons of evidence against cops profiling people shown to put black people down for doing nothing wrong for literally killing a mexican in moore oklahoma for doing nothing when he wasn't even called on them or pulling a gun on 2 11 year olds for building a fort when he first got there. i can go on and on and on and on.

• That it's overblown and unrealistic compared to the amount that it actually happens. News stations would like you to think that the sky is falling so that they can keep their ratings up--they deliberately rabble rouse.

If you look at actual stats, most cops are NOT bad cops. Most are NOT gunning down innocent people.

There are definitely problems that need to be fixed--but the foaming out of the mouth response everyone is doing is completely out of proportion to the scale of the problem.

• More and more shit is coming out since the body cams though. Like a guy Peper spraying a black man in the face for 6 seconds even though the guy had a stroke

• or the mexican in oklahoma where i live where the guy was on the ground cuffed being beaten by the cops to death he was unarmed and innocent of any crimes in fact the cops werent even called there on him it was on his wife hitting his daughter yet they jumped him

• I always support the police.