Gagers: did you go to your prom?

I didn't get to go. What was it like when you went?

Most Helpful Girl

• I went to my senior prom it was kind of fun and boring. I had a few drinks before I went so that I would not be bored. They didn't have food. They had people serving drinks so nobody was able to spike the punch (glad I drank before I got there) the DJ was wack. The good news is that I had friends to share this experience this with and they made it better. It was nice to see everyone in a different setting though. Our theme was Viva Las Vegas or some shit. I had a very unique dress that I ordered online and 90% of the other girls had something on similar to each other lol. After the king and queen were announced I called my after prom date to come and pick me up. He was hungry and went to get something to eat while waiting for me (how rude) so when we and went to ihop he didn't eat anything but we split a chocolate cake together because I felt fun eating while he was staring at me. That was my first real date so I picked at the banana strawberry crepes. Till this day dinner dates make me nervous. Anyway I accidentally left the to go box in his car that's how nervous I was lol. There was a prom after party but I decided not to go and I'm glad because some people came there and started shooting and they were not even students. Overall it was ok and I wasn't too hyped about it but I wanted to at least have the experience so I went. I didn't spend a ridiculous amount of their parent's money like everyone else who acted like this was their wedding or something.

What Girls Said 13

• I went to all of my high school proms except for freshman year. The first time I went, the location was at school, but the other times it was at a hotel in a night club. I enjoyed prom a lot, the music was great, the spotlights were amazing, there was a photographer, the food was delicious, and the spectacle was good. My favorite prom was junior prom because I was nominated to be one of the prom ladies and it was my first time at night club. My senior prom is my second favorite because of the dress I had on :).

• I went! I had a good time. Of course, my date looked like a young Matt Damon. The one downside was the table of drunk and high boys who threw vegetables on my silk dress because they didn't like zucchini.

• I went for about half an hour, then got bored and went to see a movie with my friend-date. The dress was nice, the prom was dull. Apparently a lot of drama went down after we left, too, and I was pretty happy to miss that, haha.

• I went to my 11th grade prom because most of my friends were going and my best friend was a senior at the time... I wanted to go with her than go to my senior prom.

• I went to my prom. It was nice.. the place was very elegant and sophisticated. But I had higher expectations... I though the music was gonna be better..
    But, I did have fun for a couple of hours or so :p

• No I didn't go to mine. :(

• Nope! I graduated early and high-tailed it out of high school.

• Yeah. It was the worst. The dude basically ignored me all night.

• I had no reason to go.

• Yes I went with friends. It was funnn 😃

• I never went to high school, and got my GED instead so no.

• I went with a group of friends. I think it was fun because there really weren't many couples there.

• I dropped out of school so didn't get to go. But I don't think I would have even if I'd stayed.

What Guys Said 7

• We have 'formals' here which is basically the same thing except there is no 'king' or 'queen'... I did go to it although I went with friends and was invited as a friend to someone elses, it was fine but pretty forgetable.

• Lol no, my entire highschool class was like 12 students.

I was going to go to my girlfriends though ( who moved ) but I wasn't able to make it.

• I did... i could have gone 4 years in a row lol!!
    but i chose to only go once for my exgf... i was more interested in after prom!

• Eh, you probably didn't miss much.

• I went on a group date it was good

• Nope, wasn't allowed to. ;(

• i had a blast, i danced with some girls who came up to me, danced with my dates (my senior prom and my sisters friend prom), played some casino style games where we cashed the pints for raffle tickets, after party, hung out at the beach.