How do you feel about Zoos?

How do you feel about Zoos?

Have you been to any before?

• I think they're lots of fun!
  • Sure, they're fine
  • Those poor locked up animals!
  • Zoos are boring

Most Helpful Girl

• They're fine if the main cause is to create breeding programs. But some zoos are cruel and do nothing for the benefit of the species. I've been to a zoo that had such terrible habitats with so little stimulation they should have been regarded as abuse.

I'm a person who loves nature and animals, and as a child I loved zoos. And it wasn't until I experienced a bad zoo first hand, that my view point changed.

I have no qualms with a zoo focused on conservation and creating breeding programs while providing animals with safe and enriching habitats and the ability to carryout natural behaviors.

What Girls Said 12

• Zoos are alright. They're all kind of the same... you've seen one zoo, you've seen them all. I prefer aquariums... I imagine they must be a lot harder to maintain, but when they're done well, they're just amazing. Plus you don't really get that "those poor locked up animals!" feeling looking at most aquatic life.

• I love getting to go to the zoo! I'll never be able to travel to see the animals in their natural habitat, but getting to see them in the zoo let's them be more than pictures for me. I'm sure I'm not the only one in that situation so they play important roles. How will people relate to the struggles animals face with extinction and endangerment if they're only ever shapes on a page?

• I don't like zoos. I believe that even a zoo that has great facilities and living conditions, it still steals away from an animal it's freedom and keeps it in the barriers every zoo sets. Not only that but in order to get an animal to the zoo, they put the animals through exhausting trips and again still their freedom! All in all just like sea world centers as well as circuses, it might be fun for humans to visit places like that, but animals are taken away from their families and habitats, just to be locked in a cage or a fancy cage, get made or trained to PLEASE HUMANS. Nobody gave humans the right to do that.

• I like them a lot :)

Very great learning experience as well... especially for young kids.

• the zoo is freaking amazing. i love going there.

• I've never liked zoos, it's like all the animals are locked up. I'd prefer safari/wildlife park where the animals could wander on their own or aquariums.

• I think they're a good way to conserve extinct species and protect them, however I would prefer all these animals living in a proper biotope instead.. Zoos are fun for kids tho

• I like em :3

• I wanna go. I've only been to farms.

• I enjoyed them as a kid but as I grow up I start to feel bad for the animals

• I like cute baby animals :D

• what is that?

What Guys Said 6

• I was a fan but the enviromentalists campaigns have made me think they are a bit cruel so in an ideal world I would have loads of protected reserves in the animals natural habitats

• I like zoos and, like @hypno-trip said, aquariums, as long as I can learn something there. Biology is my favourite subject :)
    (personally I do lean more towards aquariums and aviaries though)

• I voted C.

I won't go to ANY zoos unless they're in the business of benefitting the animals first and foremost.

• Yes I enjoy going to them, seeing the animals and learning.

• Boring af... I like aquariums...

• Boring mostly.. Hooligans n rowdy guys wandering there.