Should I go to the movies?

Okay so my family are not quite rich, actually we are more on the poor side, the only one that works is my dad, but my grandfather gets money too but still... My friends are always calling me for going somewhere for drinks and stuff and there were two birthdays this month, I feel really bad about spending money. My parents don't say anything about that, they always give me money, but I just feel guilty. It's not that we don't have money, but I feel as if I don't do anything but spend money... I don't know whether to go to the movies with my friend that I don't see very often... What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Try being frugal. Don't do things like this too often maybe, but if it's an opportunity like seeing a friend you don't get to often, go. Have fun. You can try to make some money of your own and give back to your family if you want, and make sure you're grateful for what people give you, and when there are people who ask you endlessly to go out with them and spend money, learn to sometimes say no [if you haven't yet]. I've had periods of my life where I've gone through this similar situation, and I granted haven't had a lot of experience but being frugal is never really a bad thing.

What Guys Said 4

• Go to the movies that is a cheap enough outing just tell your parents all you need is admission you don't want any food

• you can go to the movies, skip on drinks and eat beforehand in order to avoid a pricey meal.

• Get a job so you can support.

Then you don't have to feel bad about spending money either.

• I think you should get a job love, But then i doubt you should dis-engage with your friends..

What Girls Said 4

• Don't go if you don't have the money for it but can you possibly get a part time job? Do you have the time for it?

• Why not get a job? Then you wouldn't be spending their money

• Why not go to the matinee or the cheaper night (most theaters have a day where movies are cheaper)

• Just go, but don't buy movie food.