Scared of upcoming operation. how can I overcome the fear?

I haven't had an operation since I was 6 months old. how can I overcome the fear?

Most Helpful Girl

• i've never had a real major surgery, but i had an oral surgery done a couple months ago and i was terrified. i never overcame it, just tried to relax as much as possible and think happy thoughts.
    take deep breaths and know that you're in good hands. when you wake up you'll see that everything is ok, maybe a little pain. but whatever the operation is for is all fixed and you will be ok :)
    it sucks so bad being scared!!! but really, if you need to have it done, its better to get it done. just hang in there. relax and know that you'll be safe.

What Girls Said 1

• Just distract yourself, try not to think about it. Good luck!

What Guys Said 3

• I'm having an operation coming up soon. For me, it's not the operation itself so much as the sedation they're giving me that scares me. What I plan to do is research it, know what I can do to make it easier on the surgeons/doctors, and look up everything I can. Ah, talk to the doctors before hand if possible, because they often will do their best to be honest, but not frightening.

• First of all good luck - Keep saying to yourself that it is necessary

• If I die then whatever if I live then awesome. That's how I live usually

• I can't die now, I have a wife and 4 kids

• You'll leave then one day. And even if it were to fail your wife could sue the crap out of them if they don't do their job properly. Anyways there's nothing you can really do but go get it and stop worrying