How to get him to come over when my parents are there?

So I've been seeing this guy for a while and he won't come over unless my parents are gone. No we don't have sex. I think he's just shy. He says it's because he's not very talkative. I don't know how to convince him to come over even if my parents are there. I told him that they would probably just say hi and ask how it's going then we could go downstairs and watch tv but it seems to be very hard for him.

How do I get him to come over when my parents are there?

Most Helpful Guy

• Introduce him to your parents gradually. Plan some group event which will be attended by several people he knows, and also by your parents. He won't feel pressured to maintain some long discussion with them and it will probably get him to resolve his reluctance. Have the event either where you live or on "neutral ground," but definitely not at your parents' home.

• I live with my parents so if he comes over to see me, most of the time my parents would be there so he doesn't come.

• So plan some group meeting at a restaurant where there will be at least 4 other people beside your parents and you two. He won't need to sit directly across from, or next to, them.

What Guys Said 3

• discuss it wid yer parents then.
    i believe since u are over 18, they should trust u for wot u r gonna do and let u bring him in

• no no he's allowed to come. My parents want him to come over but he's too shy or something i dunno

• is he afraid of yer parents maybe?

• Maybe arrange to do something that would take away from having to talk - Go bowling or something

• because he isn't committed to you. He ain't what you think.

What Girls Said 1

• I'd be sneaky and invite him over when they aren't there, but you know they will be home soon. Has it met your parents before? Are you guys somewhat serious or have you just started dating? Seems kinda weird that just going over freaks him out if you've already been dating for a bit.

• At the moment were in the middle of being friends and dating. Were ''getting to know eachother''.
      He knows my mom because she is his diabetes nurse. He also knows my dad abit.

• Ah, well that is a little weird then if he already knows them. But if you aren't seriously dating then I wouldn't worry about it too much yet.