Which is better for losing weight? Exercise ideas please?

I need to lose weight. About 50lbs I want to lose. Is it better to do exercises such as squats and jumping jacks and lunges or running on the treadmill and walking and jogging and bike riding?

29

Most Helpful Girl

• From my experience unless you make changes in your diet, exercising alone is not as effective. Eating clean and eliminating processed food from your diet makes such a huge change and you are likely to see it quickly. I've struggled for years having an ED, poor body image amongst a very unhealthy eating habit which made me gain weight instead of losing it. Try taking meat and dairy from your diet even if it's only a few days a week and I promise you'll see a change in the scale. In terms of exercise, try finding a routine that you won't get bored of, because doing the same exercises every time is a recipe to get demotivated. Have you used PumpApp? You put in the amount of time you want to work out for and what areas you want to work and it creates a set of workouts for you to do which is great if you don't want to do the same thing all the time, and you don't need any equipment. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily routine even if that means taking the stairs instead of the elevator or walking instead of going by car. Walking and bike riding is great as they are low impact exercises which don't put as much strain on your body. Swimming is also a good idea as it works every muscle on your body.

What Guys Said 9

• I was told by this one exercise instructor that walking programs
    are so much better for you cause you can go at your own pace
    but take it slow in the heat. You can start out at like 20 minutes
    than gradually add minutes to the time you walk. When it's hot
    out drink plenty of fluids ( Water, Orange Juice, Gatorade) .

• just do all that stuff and create a small calorie deficit, also dont eat any carb heavy food before bed you will be fine

• I would say cardio is best for losing weight with a diet.

• I find running up a hill very useful

• Nioe squats and jumping jacks won't help u need a good diet plan eat 6 time meal and do lots of cardio and cycling slowly slowly start to lift weight

• What do you mean cardio? Treadmill?

• So is the treadmill good or not?

• treadmill is good but you aren't getting my point you have to lift and eat a proper diet in order to lose fat

• Weightlifting will always win, hands down!! That doesn't mean you need to exclude cardio though. Building lean muscle will rev. your metabolism.

• Running and riding a bike are definitely the best ways to go. Also, it's good because those to rarely get old or borning after a while. It's good to do cardio and weights on different days or the same day. You can burn more calories like that.

• Cut off your leg! LOLOLOL

• Every day should be something different on your body. If you do legs one day, do your upper body the next and so on. Otherwise you'll wind up over exercising the one part of your body and can cause serious ligament damage

What Girls Said 1

• I am in the same boat as you (I have to lose 60lbs) and I lost almost 20.

What I do is that I replace my small car rides for walks, go do cardio for a good hour and some strength exercises. And reduce you portions so that you will have a smaller calorie intake.

So both of your options are good, plus have a good diet (its 30% exercise and 70% diet)

Good luck hon!