How much money should you have in your bank account at age 20?

I only have a little over 2k

0|0
9|11

Most Helpful Guy

• I wish I had that much at that age. I was leaving college to go to uni then and usually I had nothing at all. Just enough to buy food.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• That's an okay amount, there are lots of expenses at age 20.
    That's probably an average amount.

0|0
    0|0
    • Also I have no fuckin clue how there are so many 16-24 year olds with new cars all the time.

• Well if you pay expenses in life.. car note/insurance/rrent and so forth 2k is good amount. If you still living with mom and dad than its mediocre

0|0
    0|0
    • I pay $126 a month for car insurance, plus I pay for my food, gas and clothing. Am I still considered mediocre?

• I guess not... but you'll really see a dip in your account when you she'll out rent/morgage

• That is pretty good and you could use some to start a savings
    that will draw interest.

0|0
    0|0
  • That really depends on your situation

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't trust banks.

I have gold. Real gold.
    Safely stashed :P

1|0
    0|0
  • Keep saving; You're 20, you aren't a 50 year old business mogul.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol last i checked i have 800$ left in my bank

0|0
    0|0
  • 1 billion dollars.

0|0
    0|0
  • at 25 and zero! yeah!

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on when you started working, and what else of income you get. I have very little right now because I'm not working buttttt, I do get an income. I pay for my own classes (I'm still in school)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• Please, I have 80 bucks. Be happy with what you have and work for more if you want more.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends how much you work and how much you save. I had about $16,000 but then I quit my job and moved interstate to go to university, so now I have about $7,000.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on ones life situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well depends if you have previously worked, if so thats good if not its amazing you managed to save up that much!

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't have a dime

0|0
    0|0
  • Right I have 20k, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be poor at the end of the semester :(

0|0
    1|1
  • Good question xD
    I never really touched it, but keep putting some on it, so ehh I don't know

0|0
    0|0
  • Seems reasonable.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 20 and have about 10k

1|0
    0|0