If our brain was computerized do you believe we could delete our memories? How much would you pay to delete a set of memories?

This is part II from my previous question here:

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/other/q1558075-will-we-be-able-to-computerize-our-brain-in-the-future-do-you

So, as I said in my previous question, if brains went computerized then each brain would have a unique code, and each action/thought we make/have would have another unique code as well.

Anyway if brains were computerized maybe we could have da chance deletin our unwanted memories. For x-ample I’d rather delete my memories from my 20 first years of my life. If in case we were computerized maybe there would b some device (maybe sth like a helmet where u wear it on yer head) where u could program it, deletin all yer unwanted memories…or even a full set of memories, like my 20 first years of my life as I said.

So that’s y I approve da idea of our brains being computerized. Also I’d pay as much as I could 2 get rid of these memories.

So wot bout u? would u do it? if yes how much would u pay?

Most Helpful Guy

• I like my memories, I wouldn't erase them, however, I think that people who wanted to have memories deleted should be granted the right to do so.

What Girls Said 7

• There's some memories I would certainly pay a fortune to forget...

• I don't want to delete anything. Everything I went through was a learning experience. Maybe I would try to delete emotional wounds or psychological scars but I don't want to delete anything related to knowing what has happened to me in the last 29 years.

• surprised though, coz if i remember well from other posts of urs u had some bad memories

• Yes but I learned things from that. I learned when to trust people and when to ignore people. I learned what to do and what not to do. I learned how to feel good when the world around me is unpleasant.

• Lots! Especially heart break or memories of certain people who really hurt me.

• I wouldn't change any of my memories, they helped me and taught me to be how I am now, especially the bad ones. Sometimes bad memories help you appreciate things more, for example watching my grandmother pass away, she was suffering for months before she died and it was an awful experience but it made me appreciate life and how amazing it can be and to enjoy it while it last.

• Wouldn't that cause like neural deficiencies? Wouldn't you have to relearn how to walk and feed yourself and shit?

• since i know how 2 do these things NOW, i don't think so...

• If you point blank erased memories for the first twenty years of your life, I'd imagine you'd forget how to do those things too. This is essentially what happens when you have a stroke.

• oh shit... hope they know how 2 fix this then :|

• I don't want to lose my memories, not even the painful hurtful ones

• Having your memories wiped even the bad ones aren't all it cracked up to be.

What Guys Said 7

• I want to keep all my memories

• The human brain is amazing... I'd rather unlock the potential to utilize more of it opposed to making it digital

• I'd pay a reasonable amount to delete some memories.

• OMG !! I am already imagining USB ports lined up in our necks.

• maybe it'll happen in da future... u'll never know

• windows then :|

• And then, besides our yearly meetings with Dr Finklestein, we will also have to make appointments with Dr Kaspersky. :(

• hmmmm nope...

• Since memories are, fundamentally, stored electrical impulses you could delete them.

• really? never managed deletin them bro :(

• Well, when you delete a memory, it's not exactly without physical side-effects.

• Computerised brain like in RoboCop Movie...