How do I get over my fear of planes?

I really want to travel and see the world but I'm deathly afraid of planes. I've been on one multiple times but I literally get sick and feel like crap after I get off the plane. I have crazy bad anxiety while im
on the plane and literally have fought through Benadryl before. I was literally exhausted but could not get a wink of sleep because I was so terrified. Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• Anti anxiety meds and motion sickness meds

What Guys Said 4

• Weigh out the risk/reward of traveling and go from there.

Is being a pussy really worth missing out on different cultures and experiences?

• Travel by foot.

I'm actually a big fan of slow travelling, however you do it. I have sometimes walked from my suburb to the centre of town, which takes about two hours (the train ride is 20 min.). It may sound unremarkable, but it's an almost meditative experience. Just transporting yourself with your legs, settling into a rhythm, experiencing everything around you. I feel so happy when I finally arrive.

• I can't really travel across the Atlantic Ocean by foot. But walking is nice.

• You could try swimming.

Otherwise it's habituation. Keep flying regularly and be aware of the feelings it brings up and consider what they might stem from.

But sure, there is a risk to flying. Like with most other activities.

• Get over it by... getting on it. I got rid of my small penis phobia by looking at my own. Now, I'm totally small-penis-phobia free! :/

• watch the samuel jackson movie, planes on the plane~!

What Girls Said 0