Why are women starting to find women more physically attractive than guys?

I would think most women would be straight but I guess most women seem to bisexual with a physical preference to women.

Most Helpful Guy

• yup they are, www.indiana.edu/.../...ers_Seto_Blanchard_2007.pdf , read that. don't listen to this socially acceptable bullshit, women are semantically bisexual and in a purely sexual sense are Pretty much lesbians, they only chose men for emotional needs and romance etc, not sexual traits. Female sexuality is narcissistic and they are far more sexually attracted to themselves than men.

• What ridiculousness.. Are you a woman? No, so you have no right to dictate what we are and aren't attracted to. One single study doesn't prove anything.

• I have talked to you before on the same subject, look up female sexual fluidity. Women are attracted situationally not to gender specific traits, a women can go her whole life never being attracted to a women, but in the right circumstances she would be, while with men, that chance never existed in the first place. This is why anthropologists say women don't actually have a sexual orientation, a weird free for all in self affirmation. @itsallover

What Girls Said 8

• Probably because it's mostly women who are sexualized and objectified in media and ads, they are the picture of 'sexy' so we are becoming more attracted to it because there are far less men portrayed in a sexual way when the product is not a sexual one.

• that's just a reason women are closer to being lesbian than straight, they still are though

• There are 2 types of physical attraction
    - biological attraction which is natural
    - culturally defined attraction which is socially conditioned into you through the preferences and characteristics of your social group

Socially conditioned attraction can make you desire somebody of the same gender when you aren't biologically wired to desire them. Woman are more likely to experience socially conditioned attraction because there is more pressure placed on them by society to look a certain men.

Men are also judged by their appearance but less often and less harshly then woman.

this is why more woman are bi-sexual when they are not genetically programmed to be that way.

• That's just a reason women are closer to being lesbian than straight, they still are though, don't confuse affect and effect.

• Um, I am a woman and straight. I do not find women physically attractive. There is a difference between acknowledging that a woman has a pretty face, great style, nice boobs, etc., and wanting to have sex with her. For me, women are not more attractive than men. Broad shoulders, deep voices, big hands, etc., is what does it for me :)

• Sexualization of women in the media creates the idea that all women are sexually attractive, even to other women.

• That's just a reason women are closer to being lesbian than straight, they still are though, don't confuse affect and effect. And gay men are exposed to the same stuff, and in tests they aren't aroused by women at all, so it's obviously female sexuality that is warped.

• And women are innately sex objects (to men) because men have a much higher reproductive fitness (can knock up multiple women a day, while a women can only get knocked up once in 9 months). If it were society, gay men would be aroused by women, but they aren't.

• @amphet11 oh, so there it is. Women are worthless to you, so how dare they be aroused by something that isn't you?

I think you're struggling with the concept of a spectrum so I'm just going to leave you with that forever. Bye.

• Who said this? I'm a girl and I am not attracted to females in the slightest. You have to take into consideration how sexualised the female form is, that's why it's much easier (for both genders) to find women more physically appealing.

• He is talking about sexual attraction, and what you talk about would simply be a reason, the result is still the same.

• @cavmanier What people personally identify as is mean nothing, even so what you say agrees with me that men have hard wired sexual orientation unlike women. Men don't identify as bi because they are scared of being ostracized, but they are more than willing to identify as gay? being gay is just if not more ostracized than being bisexual, your point is moot. Just look up female sexual fluidity.

• Because women masturbate to lesbian porn, make out with other girls, will do sexual things to other girls in a ffm threesome then say they are straight, there reasoning being they would never date a girl, obvious false identification

• I'm bisexual. 60:40 men to women. Most women are straight. More bisexuals are 'coming out' as it is now seen as socially acceptable.

• I don't see that ever

• LOL I love GAG.

• Most girls seem to say that on here though. They say lots of girls are attractive where guys aren't

What Guys Said 3

• Can I see the data from which you based this ridiculous claim?

• I don't think that is a new thing - Lots of straight women find other women attractive

• I hope you're not pulling these facts from a GaG attractiveness question, because girls only seem to tag girls on those. In reality I've practically seen girls drooling over guys.

• I've never seen girls drool over guys in reality except for the very few perfect looking guys you see

• I think you forget to realize that women are extremely competitive towards each other and they might mention/notice attractive features that they want themselves but that doesn't mean they don't find men more attractive.